Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Tips From The Beasts?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:27 am

So it's best to control a certain area of the map it seems? I try to run and gun and usually just get pooped on. Have yet to get into the swing of things with this game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:37 am

I figure it this way for Dom if you have 4 people "patrolling" the area around b and the rest doing the same around a/c then you can keep 2 flags. The shit hits the fan when people get greedy and take off looking for kills and trying to triple cap. Alot of people hate to play defense but my opinion is if you want to win dom matches thats the way to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:45 am

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
I figure it this way for Dom if you have 4 people "patrolling" the area around b and the rest doing the same around a/c then you can keep 2 flags. The shit hits the fan when people get greedy and take off looking for kills and trying to triple cap. Alot of people hate to play defense but my opinion is if you want to win dom matches thats the way to do it.

Maybe I should take more pride in my 1.33 W/L ratio than loathing my 1.08 KDR lol...

I am just ultra competitive and hate seeing myself at the bottom of the leaderboard in scores so much, I feel if I am going to play a game almost as much as a full time job I should be damn good at it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:48 am

CrazyNixon7 wrote:

We have been winning alot more Dom games lately.. And it has more to with defending our flags than anything else.

Once they are lost it is hard recap, and that is when the grind of fighting off all the pesky campers begins...

You have to let them come to you in Dom...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:57 am

Stream_Man wrote:
Colby the FMG9s spray a ton of bullets and if used highly often will tremendously reduce accuracy. I use them on my sniper classes where I have a 50% or more accuracy and after using those suckers its less than 20%.....fyi

Stream man funny thing is, according to elite... my FMG9 accuracy is 10% in contrast to my ACR accuracy at 11% lol...as well as my UMP45 and P90 accuracy at 11%...

Only the SCAR is any better at 12%

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:58 am

Yup i agree 100% with that Snow. Just sucks cause some of these maps you get screwed if you start on one side compared to another. Village is a good example if you start at A then you are basically behind from the get go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:59 am

Village A spawn is ridiculous...

the other team basically gets B and C right away and you have to fight for them
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:00 pm

poppamatic wrote:
Currently sporting a 1.99 KDR in the 2nd Prestige, here's what I got:

-If you're not playing with a good group you're at a disadvantage...and as slimy as this seems, if you're playing with randoms online you need to be selfish. Let your teammates be the first around a corner, the first to a flag, let them be your bait.

LOL I could not agree more with this one! When I'm with randoms I let the other guy go ahead of me ALL the time - they draw the fire and I get the kill most times.

Nixon you are SPOT ON. I've had insane 100pt upsets because someone got cute and wanted to attempt a triple cap and it was all down hill from there. This holds especially true for maps like Mission if you were once holding B C now got flipped to A.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm no beast, but the ol' KD is climbing nicely...going up about .2 per night. Up to a pedestrian 1.14. 1.41 WL. I started out mostly running and not knowing the maps getting owned. I didn't like Dom initially, but lately I'm having better stat games in Dom than KC. (FFA is still the best for KD)

I always run CP, just because you never know what you'll get. Also UAV and Pred, or if I'm feeling plucky, I'll run CP, Pred, Heli.

Patrolling a hotspot is key. I've found I'm using ARs more than the first prestige, where it was all SMGs. Once I get ACR and Stinger unlocked to go with the MP7, I'll be set. Just for shits and grins I'll unlock the Striker and try to level that up eventually because it appears to be unstoppable with Range.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:35 pm

I am not a beast, but was recently faced with a falling KDR...so I put the smg away and tried the Type 95 out...I have never seriously used a burst weapon before and it forced me to slow my game WAY down and the result has been pretty incredible so far...with the Type 95 I have a KDR of 1.63 and my accuracy is 21%...my overall KDR has increased to 1.19 from 1.10...

My setup is

Type95 w/red dot and kick
FMG9 w/Akimbo
Flash
Bouncing Betty
Blind Eye
Assasin
Marksman

I no longer "rush" I try to keep an eye on the open areas and if I need to enter a building I always switch to the FMG69 since the Type 95 is tough to use in tight spots...

I love that I can usually kill with one burst and the Marksman perk allows me to spot people I never would have noticed otherwise
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Soo I've been reading up on posts and there are a lot of good tips in them. I think that your playstyle also has to match the gametype and those of your team members. If I'm playing with my regular team members I know they have their flags covered so I can go and wreak some havoc. However on some maps I will have to camp since it will be easier to control/win that way and will hold back.

But since in BLOPS you had the same playstyle as me, I will try to give you insight on the way I usually play. Normally I will have:

Blind Eye/Recon
Assasin Pro/Blastshield
Marksman/Stalker

I run low assault killstreaks Uav/Pred/Chopper when it's an easy game, or support Uav/Sam/Emp when it's a good team. ARC 6.8 on big maps, Ump 45 on medium sized maps and Striker on small maps. I use kick and red dot mainly (grip with striker) and have my sensitivity on 10.

I run, rush and camp. Meaning if the game is fast and we switch a lot between controlling points I will always cap the flag where I'm near. Run trough it once, wait a bit, kill the one or two trying to defend (blastshield helps a lot) it and take it.

I'll always assume there's 2 instead of one so will always wait with reloading. Marksman lets me see a lot. Another point of which you should be aware is that the auto aim is still there. So let go a bit of your stick(you do need to adjust it to the direction where you are expecting them from) when capping a flag and it will automatically adjust. I don't need L1 up close if you've targeted your opponent just blast away. I'll only use it when they are far away.

Last but not least, if I kill one, he will either spawn behind me or in front of me. Just wait and check for a few seconds most people will try to get revenge. I'm regularly checking my games to see where heat points are so I adjust to high traffic area zones.

Unlike most posters I tend to move throughout the map. I always check the mini map and try not to push to far ahead. It does happen however and in those games I will always make a circle so I can pick up A or C. Ow and yes I love running trough the middle that way I can guess where people are hiding + stalker will help you move out of some bullets.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Tema wrote:
So let go a bit of your stick

is that the same advice you give Fran?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:55 am

CrazyNixon7 wrote:

I did this last night in our games, I just camped around the B flag didnt rush into enemy spawn and nearly every game was a 1.50-2.0 ratio for me, helps when the competition wasnt that great but they all sported +1 KDRs so they werent total lay downs

Thanks for the advice, will keep hanging at B most of the round on maps where it's viable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips From The Beasts?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2