Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
aiming tips Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
aiming tips Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
aiming tips Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
aiming tips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
aiming tips Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
aiming tips Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
aiming tips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
aiming tips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
aiming tips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
aiming tips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
aiming tips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
aiming tips Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
aiming tips Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
aiming tips Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

aiming tips

Go down 
+4
Maverick9227
DELTAxDOG
ImGoodIfYouSuck
walldoggy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:17 pm

hi guys,thanks again for letting me join,just wondering if anyone has some aiming tips they would like to share ?
Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 pm

This is what I tell my kid and it always cracks him up, but works for me. "Aim at their balls, hold the trigger down and by the time you're at their head they're dead." Using the recoil to naturally kick the weapon up usually gets me a lot of headshots in both MW3 and BF3. The G36 works well for this as the recoil is almost perfectly in a linear vertical line on MW3.
Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Try playing single player and spec ops with aim assist turned off. Here are a few things that I used to practice, hell I still do.

1. Try to center your reticle on your target before aiming down the sights.
2. once ads'd, move the sight slowly to the target and make sure you are dead on before pulling the trigger. Your speed will increase with practice.
3. tap fire automatic weapons, try to single shot them, adjust sight after every shot, again making sure your sights are dead on the target before firing.
4. Go for headshots
5. practice your shooting on single player with a higher sensitivity than you use in multiplayer.

Here are a couple of really good levels on previous games to practice on. I haven't played single player on MW3 so I don't know if there are any good levels, but the first 10 rounds of survival are good to carefully practice aiming.

MW2: " The Enemy of My Enemy" and "The Hornets Nest" (campaign, you go straight to the action with no cut scenes)

"Body Count" on spec ops.

Here is a one you may find silly but it worked for me: If you do a private match on "terminal" you can practice shooting the cones in the airport. I did this alot when I was trying to improve my shooting for multiplayer.

COD 4- Heat on single player.
After you fall back to the 2 story house with the detonators the enemies will respawn infinately so you never run out of targets. It's even better if you find all the intel in the game and unlock the infinate ammo cheat.

Black ops combat training speaks for itself.

Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:48 pm

BO was 1st shooter for me and I was bad bad when I started. I am almost positive I started BO with a KD of .4 or something. Now I am to just under even in BF3. In the next 2 weeks I should eb positive for the first time in my FPS career (yes it is like a job sometimes)

Get more sleep. It helps me.

When I was new I found myself aiming at the ground all the time as I ran so I could see more of the screen. This made it hard to get the reticle on target fast enough. Be mindful of the crosshairs and keep them up. For example, when rounding a corner make sure the reticle is the first thing around the corner and not looking at the wall.

I also used a small small piece of ticky tack (sticky clay stuff to hold up posters) and put on the screen where the gun aims. This way I always knew where the gun is pointing. After a prestige playing like this I had a better feel for where the gun is.

Go slow. In BO you could creep around corners and the like. Keep the reticle up where the guy should be coming around the corner. This is how Nixon plays. Sometimes when I find myself running around crazy all over hell getting killed over and over and over I find I have to channel my inner Nixon and creep and stalk.

Know the maps. Until you know the maps really well you are not going to have an idea where in the F to aim in the first place.
Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 9:11 pm

thanks guys i will try out your tips,thanks heaps
Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 9:30 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
This is what I tell my kid and it always cracks him up, but works for me. "Aim at their balls, hold the trigger down and by the time you're at their head they're dead." Using the recoil to naturally kick the weapon up usually gets me a lot of headshots in both MW3 and BF3. The G36 works well for this as the recoil is almost perfectly in a linear vertical line on MW3.

In addition, as you take bullets you will flinch upward as well often resulting in head shots and opponent rage mic...
Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 9:49 pm

The gun always fires into the direct center of the screen. Always. Seems like a stupid point, but when you get used to having baddies in the center of your screen, it works. Try the redneck red dot too. Use a dry erase marker and trace a quarter on the TV. It wipes right off, so no worries. Your gun will always shoot there, so just practice lining up the little ring with likely position of enemy and you're good to go.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:04 am

On thing I do is strafe left and right, as opposed to aiming left and right. For some reason this is easier for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Nice tips guys, thanks.
Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Ive just learned that if you actually take a sec to aim 90% of the time you win with less bullets.. It works for me, and i try to stop running or run backwards all the sudden,,..But I dunno...
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:20 pm

definitely get the FPSfreaks. they are $9.99 and go on top of your joysticks. they increase the axis allowing you to make finer movements with the joystick
Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:57 am

i will try the fps freaks thanks
Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:31 am

Damn, I was hoping to see a website for magic pills. Can anyone tell me what a good controller is without any deadzone. Is the scuf like this or is there a cheaper alternative. I notice I jerk the recticle to much and can't seem to get a smooth motion which is 40% of the problem. Knowing spawn points 30%, and just knowing the maps 30%

I feel like I will never be good. I can always get an aimbot...lol
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:54 am

Wa11yB wrote:
Damn, I was hoping to see a website for magic pills. Can anyone tell me what a good controller is without any deadzone. Is the scuf like this or is there a cheaper alternative. I notice I jerk the recticle to much and can't seem to get a smooth motion which is 40% of the problem. Knowing spawn points 30%, and just knowing the maps 30%

I feel like I will never be good. I can always get an aimbot...lol

Just get ya a SCUF... you wont have that problem anymore... your aiming may still suck though lol!
Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:29 am

How to sell that to my wife:

Me: baby, I need a scuf controller so I can approve my k/d?

Wife: how much and what's a freaking KD?

Me: only 120.00 and it stands for Kill death ratio.

Wife: it better pay for our mortgage to.

Me: oh but it can, I will be so good I'll be sponsered by major league gaming!

Wife: WTF you sissy be a real man, besides I seen you play. You couldn't hit the broadside of a building jack-ass.

ME: ::walking away with my tail between my legs::

So, it looks like I'll be trying the scuf controler out!
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:42 am

Good luck
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Maverick92271?feature=mhee

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:47 am

Wa11yB wrote:
How to sell that to my wife:

Me: baby, I need a scuf controller so I can approve my k/d?

Wife: how much and what's a freaking KD?

Me: only 120.00 and it stands for Kill death ratio.

Wife: it better pay for our mortgage to.

Me: oh but it can, I will be so good I'll be sponsered by major league gaming!

Wife: WTF you sissy be a real man, besides I seen you play. You couldn't hit the broadside of a building jack-ass.

ME: ::walking away with my tail between my legs::

So, it looks like I'll be trying the scuf controler out!

That was actually quite amusing!! Anyways, I thought I'd chime in because I was a PC gamer for many years and am set in my M/KB style of gaming. When I went to the PS3 I also had problems with aiming using those damn little sticks. My solution you ask?....I bought an Eagle Eye Converter. Plugs into PS3 via USB port and just pop in your mouse and keyboard (check compatibility via Penguin United site) set the converter to map out your keys, do a little tweaking with the mouse to set Axis and you're all set! When I got mine it was only $60 last year.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:33 pm

I see that Scuf is coming out with a PS3 controller. Has anyone tried the Scuf for Xbox? I am curious on ur thoughts for this controller as I am considering this as a future purchase for my PS3 gaming habit.
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:14 pm

mwhop78 wrote:
I see that Scuf is coming out with a PS3 controller. Has anyone tried the Scuf for Xbox? I am curious on ur thoughts for this controller as I am considering this as a future purchase for my PS3 gaming habit.

Here is a link to the topic i started about them... i love mine and i belive the ps3 ones went on sale this past monday cheers

https://over30clan.forumotion.com/t3653-scuf-controller
Back to top Go down
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Shroom wrote:
Anyways, I thought I'd chime in because I was a PC gamer for many years and am set in my M/KB style of gaming. When I went to the PS3 I also had problems with aiming using those damn little sticks. My solution you ask?....I bought an Eagle Eye Converter.

I too was a PC gamer LONG before First-Person shooters bridged over to the console. After Counter-Strike for PC, all of the AAA FPS's started coming out on the console so I wrestled with those little thumbsticks for years, trying to get used to them, trying to get better, trying to balance the sensitivity between being able to 180 on the guy shooting you in the ass and still be able to line up the reticle on the guy 75 yards away (game scale) before he shot me...

I, too, longed for my old favoured controls of Keyboard / Mouse.

So I did some research, and I found the "Eagle Eye". I also found the "AimOn" and the "XBox Input Machine (XIM)". After much (MUCH!) reading about how these three devices actually worked, and a bunch of user product reviews of each, I settled on the XIM3 (which outperforms both the Eagle Eye and AimOn in 1:1 precision from mouse to screen... especially for 'circle/diagonal movement')

Even better, it turns out the XIM also supports the Sony PS Move Navigation controller (which is kind-of like the "left-hand-side" of the controller; thumbstick, d-pad, 1 bumper, 1 trigger, etc...) instead of a keyboard, so you still have analog for your movement - a definite improvement over the Keyboard...

And there you have it, my controller setup:

Now, This is NOT a cheap controller alternative. This is a very high precision alternative to controllers, and they charge for it. (I put mine together over time, and all in it cost me as much as the console did... but I also now have no need to invest in a gaming PC either!!) It would've been about $80 cheaper if I lived states-side, though; I had to pay customs and international shipping to get it up here to Toronto.

Also, for the record: XIM does NOT allow/support Macros - I cannot "cheat" with this thing (in fact, XIM goes so far as to interfere with Macros being submitted through the device; ie. a mouse with macro-capability...). Also, Microsoft has confirmed that the device is perfectly legit. (Not that the system can detect it, anyway... It uses a real controller to interface; it simply overrides the controller inputs using your alternate controls...)

Last edited by ArcaniX5696 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : typoes, extra info...)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:15 pm

I am gonna have to check that out. I would think a mouse allows for precise aiming and faster shooting. Gonna check it out.
Back to top Go down
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 pm

You should see how quickly you can unload an MK14 when it's just mouse clicks.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:37 pm

So I looked at tge XIM3! 325.00. I am not that hardcore. Snizzle me Nizzle! I did however order a new controller, and it is not the scuf. I ordered a stock wireless Microsoft co troller as well as the fragfx 360 shark. I figured for 90 bucks, I'll try it. It comes with a quality nun chuck, and of course the mouse. The poor reviews I seen were from buyers who bought from china. I bought USA free two day shipping. I heard great things. For my needs I believe this will suit me.

I gotta tell my dad now. He can't use his ps3 because of the controller. I thought I sucked...lol I am the elite compared to him. He will be excited!

Thanks for the info I would have never known.
Back to top Go down
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm pretty sure TydenWolf had one of those and couldn't connect his headset to it... Sad

Otherwise, it looks OK. The clips I've seen look like the control is OK on MW3. Let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Oh man that would piss me off. What would be the point. I hope not!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

aiming tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: aiming tips   aiming tips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aiming tips
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next