Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Attention BF3 NOOBS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Attention BF3 NOOBS Empty
PostSubject: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:18 pm

I am extremely excited that some of you are going to give BF3 a try. Most of the tips are covered in other threads. This game has a lot of little tricks that you only learn by asking. Here are a few tips I picked up.
1) play conquest
2) use the select button to spot any and everything related to the enemy.
3) use the down arrow on the direction pad to change your weapon from full to semi or burst. Accuracy is a bitch in this game. Weapons have realistic rates of climb. Gravity also is taken into effect for bullet drop. Use an ACOG once you get it until you get a good feel for the range/drop of your weapon. The ACOGs have a bullet drop compensator built into them to help with the mid to long range shots.
4) If you are using support go prone or use standing cover to deploy your bipod. You won't hit shit unless you do.
5) Do not bother renting the game or purchasing a used game. EA requires a $10 multiplayer fee to be purchased if the original online code was used previously. The cost of the multiplayer code offsets the used price savings. Purchase the Limited edition so you get the Karkand maps. Extra weapons are unlocked with them and some of the weapons are very good, otherwise be prepared to buy the Karkan maps so you can stay linked up with the squad and not get dropped by the server.

I am down for playing CO-OP with anyone to help them learn the mechanics of the game. As you complete the co-op missions you gain points and unlock weapons that can be used in multiplayer gaming. The final two weapons the Sig 553 for the engineer class and the GSA for the assault class are great weapons to unlock and can be used with both US and Russian forces. Best of luck to you peeps and look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Great advice, sir.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Quote :
5) Do not bother renting the game or purchasing a used game. EA requires a $10 multiplayer fee to be purchased if the original online code was used previously. The cost of the multiplayer code offsets the used price savings. Purchase the Limited edition so you get the Karkand maps. Extra weapons are unlocked with them and some of the weapons are very good, otherwise be prepared to buy the Karkan maps so you can stay linked up with the squad and not get dropped by the server.

This is why i refuse to get bf3. its a blatant slap in the face that since i want to try it out, I have to pay extra to try out the most important selling point of their game. I will stick to mw3 even if its a lag fest horrible map crapfest that it is. Just to spite EA into realizing that they are greedy assholes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:30 am

pariah_81 wrote:
Quote :

This is why i refuse to get bf3. its a blatant slap in the face that since i want to try it out, I have to pay extra to try out the most important selling point of their game. I will stick to mw3 even if its a lag fest horrible map crapfest that it is. Just to spite EA into realizing that they are greedy assholes.

And the makers of MW3 are not greedy assholes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:48 am

Pariah- I get it. I agree it is a blatant grab at the sales EA misses from used game sales. They want their cut! I ran into the same thing with another game I played. $10 just to play the online. Sadly I think we can count on this to be the norm from here on out. Another thing to look for is more monthly fees like WoW for multiplayer. All annoying but all here to stay I am afraid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:41 am

Come on kids...this isn't a BF3 bashing thread...it's for those of us that would like to get our tips wet to know some of the in-and-outs of the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:56 am

Questions. So I can't crouch when using the engineer class? How do I add the x30x clan tag?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:15 am

I assume this is all applicable to XBOX? I have a feeling i am going to get fucked like a house cat when I get on tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:24 am

sgt tube socks wrote:
I assume this is all applicable to XBOX? I have a feeling i am going to get fucked like a house cat when I get on tonight.

Played my fist game last night. Did I get fucked like a house cat? No. Did I have absolutely no fucking clue what I was doing? Yes. Went 3 - 8 playing CQ with 1 tank kill. BOOM!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:28 am

Another question. If I'm running engineer, how to I know if a tank needs repair?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:02 pm

SoonerChris wrote:
Questions. So I can't crouch when using the engineer class? How do I add the x30x clan tag?

Yes, You can crouch and go prone with the engineer class. You can do it with all classes. Using special equipment such as the mortar with support and the SOFLAM with recon require you to stand up. Hit R3 to crouch/prone. It is a sublte difference on certain terrains and can be hard to tell if you are crouched.

You can add the x30x clan tag by creating an account and logging into the bf3 battlelog. There in profile you can add a clan tag. While you are there join the over30 platoon. I don't have the exact link at the moment. Maybe someone in the platoon can post it. If you search for a soldier while in battlelog ie BigdaddyN8 you can see my stats and link to the platoon thru me. Hockalees will have to approve your request to join the platoon. Battlelog is what I envisioned elite to be like. It is a little slow and bulky, but works well for checking assaignments and friends. It was designed for the PC application of Battlefield and is an afterthought/add-on for the consoles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:04 pm

SoonerChris wrote:
Another question. If I'm running engineer, how to I know if a tank needs repair?

If you see a tank smoking it needs repairs. If it is engaged in a fight it will need repairs. The only way to really know is run up to the damn thing with your torch. YOu will see a circular indicator showing how much damage the vehicle has. It looks very similar to the capturing flag on conquest icon. As you repair the tank you will see the indicator increasing and you will see you getting 10pts per 10 points of damage repair. 20 pts per 10 points of damage repair for a squad members vehicle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:09 pm

MANIC wrote:
Come on kids...this isn't a BF3 bashing thread...it's for those of us that would like to get our tips wet to know some of the in-and-outs of the game.

A Merci to you Manic. I would like to keep this a learning thread to help reduce the frustations for the new BF3 >30< members. We can discuss the evil policies of EA and their multiplayer fees in another thread. I don't agree with the fee either, but that discussion belongs elsewhere.

Too all the new Chers on BF3 (Hi Rif) ask away. This game is so much more in depth. I have spent hours on youtube and BF3 forums trying to learn the little things that will give me the edge in the Multiplayer, and I still feel that I don't know shit. I want to share that knowlege. Playing online and asking questions is easiest. My thanks go out to Crossfire. He has played BF3 since its release and is a wealth of information to learn from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Props to N8 for summerizing the highlights in one threads. Some more thoughts:

Repair: Look for the wrench on the map and on the screen, this will guide you to vehicles needing repair.

Assault: Throw out health packs near a group of your team as they are engaged in a firefire and you'll heal them and get points. Also, once you get the defib, reviving someone gets you 100 pts (same as a kill), plus gives your team back a ticket

Support: Throw out ammo packs near a group of your team as they are engaged in a firefire and you'll resupply them and get points. running around attaching c4 to enemy tanks can get you huge points (400-600 pts) with the disable, the vehicle kill, the soldier kill, and possible multikill bonuses.

Engineer: Toss out mines, repair stuff, and shoot rockets into tanks/jeeps.

Recon (Sniper): It's take a while to get good stuff (like the Soflam & MAV), but it's still valuable to provide covering fire for your team.

CO-OP: A great way to learn the controls and advance. The first couple are fairly straight forward and easy. Co-op mission #2 lets you fly a chopper, so master and you are good to go in the game (chopper can be tough to fly).

Platoon:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391313052531/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:25 pm

I just downloaded the Karkland add-on, so I should be good to go. I didn't get dropped from any games lastnight, but I got it to avoid that happening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:53 pm

For the second time today BF3 has froze my playstation forcing me to shut it down completely. I might not be playing it today. No problems last night. Once was at the main menu and the other during a CO OP game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:56 pm

DEATH-THREAT-HxC wrote:
For the second time today BF3 has froze my playstation forcing me to shut it down completely. I might not be playing it today. No problems last night. Once was at the main menu and the other during a CO OP game.

I've had this happen as well. Seems to be random, not related to specific maps or game types. Mine hasn't frozen up in a few days, but my understanding that it's an occasional problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:39 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
SoonerChris wrote:

Yes, You can crouch and go prone with the engineer class. You can do it with all classes. Using special equipment such as the mortar with support and the SOFLAM with recon require you to stand up. Hit R3 to crouch/prone. It is a sublte difference on certain terrains and can be hard to tell if you are crouched.

You can add the x30x clan tag by creating an account and logging into the bf3 battlelog. There in profile you can add a clan tag. While you are there join the over30 platoon. I don't have the exact link at the moment. Maybe someone in the platoon can post it. If you search for a soldier while in battlelog ie BigdaddyN8 you can see my stats and link to the platoon thru me. Hockalees will have to approve your request to join the platoon. Battlelog is what I envisioned elite to be like. It is a little slow and bulky, but works well for checking assaignments and friends. It was designed for the PC application of Battlefield and is an afterthought/add-on for the consoles.

Joined the clan last night. Clan tag added today. Sure wish this would make me better cause I suck. This is going to take some time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Downloading the map pack as I type...see ya guys in an hour
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Are the map packs free?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 pm

MANIC wrote:
Downloading the map pack as I type...see ya guys in an hour

Can you clear someone from your friend list for me and send me an invite? Since I'm in the BF3 group now. Pleeeeaaaase?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:09 pm

sgt tube socks wrote:
Are the map packs free?

No. Karkland is $14.99, but well worth it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:18 pm

OK, after 1 hour of play I might, I repeat, MIGHT be getting the hang of this. And the verdict says......wait for it......I like it.

I don't think it can be compared to MW3 as it's NOT the same game. When I'm interested in being aggressive and rushing around MW3 is the game. When I want to play strategically and not run around like a chicken with my head cut off, BF3 is the game.

I really like both. Gawd, where am I going to find time to play both games!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:24 pm

I agree Chris and I'll add that in BF3, I can go 0-12 (which I did today) still have fun, help the team to a win and still get some nice points! This game just doesn't make me mad like MW3 does!

I will say that I'm not done with MW3, but the second I start getting upset or having the typical crappy problems, it's off to BF3 I go. I'm really liking it the more I play it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:38 pm

DEATH-THREAT-HxC wrote:
I agree Chris and I'll add that in BF3, I can go 0-12 (which I did today) still have fun, help the team to a win and still get some nice points! This game just doesn't make me mad like MW3 does!

I will say that I'm not done with MW3, but the second I start getting upset or having the typical crappy problems, it's off to BF3 I go. I'm really liking it the more I play it!

I agree with the 0-12 thing. I'll be on tonight. Hit me up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention BF3 NOOBS
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next