Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Attention BF3 NOOBS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:38 pm

DEATH-THREAT-HxC wrote:
I agree Chris and I'll add that in BF3, I can go 0-12 (which I did today) still have fun, help the team to a win and still get some nice points! This game just doesn't make me mad like MW3 does!

I will say that I'm not done with MW3, but the second I start getting upset or having the typical crappy problems, it's off to BF3 I go. I'm really liking it the more I play it!

I agree with the 0-12 thing. I'll be on tonight. Hit me up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Will do Chris, I'll be on later though, probably 10-11 est
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:46 am

It is fun to see a lobby of 30's in BF3. It is frustrating as hell all getting on the same team. there has to be an easier way to get a group on a server. I will research it. If anyone knows chime in. When we started a server it split us up and since there was 5 of us I was running solo. every match I would get kicked to the other team to balance the server. Sucked. I finally called it a night becuase I was tired of getting my ass kicked by the 30's. Nixon sure took to the game quick. He is becoming a monster like he was in Black Ops.

I did find that you can set your squad privacy to private to keep the annoying asshat randumbs from entering your squad. I am not sure if it prevents other clannies from hopping in if you sent them an invite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:40 am

Sorry if I stole your spot N8. I logged on by just joining the game, and it put me in the 30 squad. Looked for you one the scoreboard and you were gone. Thought i was going to be the one getting shot by 30's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:14 am

Well...I can say yesterday I actually had fun playing this game. I've been struggling to like it but maybe I'm starting to get over hump.

Anderson, Darrker, Manic, Death, and Fish it was a blast yesterday and I'm looking forward to spending some more time in this game. Playing with the x30x definitely makes it more enjoyable win or lose. When we do lose I don't feel like some 2 year old with a booger on his face beat me. Very Happy

@SoonerChris
I saw your messages and I'm sorry I couldn't get you in with us yesterday. I sent an invite but we were full then. I'm a little behind as far as the match making goes with this game.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 am

Unlike the pc version I think the ps3 version doesn't allow you to set up or rent a own server. What we could do however is search some servers put them under favourites and join these servers putting the name down here. That way we can join games and know that our clanmates are playing in it.

Setting up squads is a bit hard and I still need to get the dl content for bf3. I did get in a game yesterday with a few after taking a few tries. Just remember to check which squad your in etc or if you can switch to the other team etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:51 am

Im definitely getting the hang of the game. There were a few maps last night though i hadnt played yet and i struggled on them. Quite a few times i found myself looking around at everything in my suroundings instead of actually looking for enemies and playing the objective.Sorry for that guys. This game is perfect for my flanking playstyle though. Had my first MVP match. I think i went 15-3 and had my first 3 knife kills that were actually in a row. I used the AT mines for the first time as well and had a few tank/buggy kills. Blowing up shit never gets old. I ran some recon in a match and got some kills but just doesnt seem as fun as BFBC2 in that area. Oh yeah 2 nights played and ive forgot to mentioned one of the best things of all: NO LAG,HOST MIGRATIONS or CONNECTION ISSUES cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:58 am

I like the idea of picking a couple favorite servers and using those as the dedicated ralley points for the clan. We hopped in a nearly empty server last night, but the team balancing function kept us separated and it didn't get populated with enough randoms to allow us to all switch to the same team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Question about registering on the battle log! I didn't see an option to sign up, only log in? Do I have to create an EA account or is it my PSN e-mail/password.

That's about as noob a question as you can get haha, I apologize ahead of time. Manic warned me it was a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:38 pm

DEATH-THREAT-HxC wrote:
Question about registering on the battle log! I didn't see an option to sign up, only log in? Do I have to create an EA account or is it my PSN e-mail/password.

That's about as noob a question as you can get haha, I apologize ahead of time. Manic warned me it was a pain in the ass.

I finally registered at EA with the same email as my PSN account and it worked. Took me forever to get battlelog to work as I have forgoten all I ever knew about computers (of that I am greatfull).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:43 pm

I also love the flanking in this game, and love the BIG maps more than the small metro and seine crossing. Lots of flanking routs = tons of flag caps and killing people from behind. I would much rather run around someon and get an easy kill than go head to head. I have been having lots of MVP (1,2 or 3) games of late. Capping flags, handing out ammo or health, reviving, blowing shit up = big score, lots of kills = ok score. If you want tons of kills you can still do that, but I am not soo good with that inless I can get some doubles or trips with the mines, I LOVE thoes things. Hate the Fn choppers, USAS and flashlights. I still can not drive or fly to save my life so its best to keep the finger on the bail button when riding with me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:16 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
Hate the Fn choppers, USAS and flashlights.

USAS can eat a...well, you get the idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:02 pm

I like the idea of 'x30x Favorite Server'. The only issue I have with that is last night it was a Karkand Only server so people like Darkker could not jump on with us since he was not done downloading the DLC. As new guys come over and don't have the MP we need to make sure they have a place to get on with us as well.

I had a good time shooting other 30 when it was Anderson and I vs Crossfire, N8 & Nixon. 3 v. 2 is not fair since we could not cap flags fast enough.

DLC is well worth the $ IMHO if you can find it in your budget. 5 more maps. The maps are fun. I think they are better than metro and Seine Crossing since the Spawn Trap is less likely on them.

I am super stoked that people are enjoying it even as they struggle to get better. Fish and Nixon caught on fast. But if you remember, they were really good in BO as well. Plus Nixon says he played BF2 too so I am sure that helped. I saw Nixon's 15-3 game. Big time fun. I know he out scored me for sure.

I like how getting kills is not always the most important thing in a match. In some ways I think that makes is accessible to more kinds of players. The beasts can be beasts and get piles and piles of kills. The guys like me who come from the BO 'B Slave' school have a lot they can do as well. Getting crushed is not a bummer if you are getting fun kills, re-supplies, and revives.

In CQC the flashlight I think is a hindrance to the user. When I see a flash light shining my face I shoot straight into the light and get a decent number of kills.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:06 pm

Haven't had a chance playing with clannies for an extended period of time yet but am looking forward to it.

Will be on today on and off and would really like to get the full experience playing with a full group. If I'm on, send me an invite please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:27 pm

Squads and How to Make Them, Get in them and Switch Them
At Manic's Request

Finding people to play with is not hard. The Menu screen is straight forward IMHO. The issue is when you join someone, or you make a 4 man squad and the game puts you in another squad or on another team.

"I am in the Wrong Squad! WTF!"
Get to the Squad/Team Menu. From there you should be able to see the list of the squads. Alpha - Hotel. If you are solo and the 3 other guys are in a squad select "Leave Squad"
You now show up on the Squad List in the "Not in a Squad" Squad.
Scroll to the Squad you want to join and select it. If there is room you will join that squad.
If there is not room go to Hotel Squad. Mixed >30< members meet at Hotel.

"I am on the Wrong Team! F- This!"
Switching teams is surprisingly simple. I hit select to bring up the team rosters. If the team you want to Join has 11 players you can switch to that side.
Go to "Squad/Team"
Scroll Down to Switch Teams (or is it Change Teams).
Boom. You are now on the right team.

There are times when the game will not let you switch. If there are 5 guys on your team and 11 on the other then you cant switch since it will unbalance the teams too much. If you have switched teams you can not switch right back again. You have to play for a bit before you can go.

The fewer guys will move to the side with the most guys. So if you are by yourself and 3 guys are on the other team then you go to them.

"I cant hear anyone. WTF is the Problem?!?"
Coms go from nearly OK to garbage. Even then, you should be able to hear what garbage there is.
"Squad/Team" Menu.
Scroll Down.
Change "VOIP Settings" to Squad. This will allow you to hear your squad mates.
There is a "team" setting. I don't think it works.
Apparently you can also set the privacy settings to "Private" I am not sure what this does Smile But if you feel like being private then this setting may make you feel better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:31 pm

5 man games is a bummer. I think we need to make an effort to break up a 4 man to at least give the other guy someone to run with IMHO.

Chris- I expect to be on tonight so I will spam you with the invites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Winni +1 for the squad/team switch. I forget how hard it was at the start, even if it was only like 2 weeks ago or so. If anyone has any questions please ask as we know how hard the first few games are. But once you get past them its great!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:49 pm

Well I'm screwed as far as getting into battle log I guess. I can't get into my e-mail for my DEATH-THREAT-HxC PSN account. I can get into my main PSN account e-mail but it's for my PSN I don't use anymore! Boo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Good advise Wini. I totally agree with the flashlights, and lasers, in that I shoot straight for them. Since I usually get killed by someone that seems to come out of nowhere, it only makes sense to shut them off. With the exception of that tunnel map where it's pitch black.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Kagan wrote:
Good advise Wini. I totally agree with the flashlights, and lasers, in that I shoot straight for them. Since I usually get killed by someone that seems to come out of nowhere, it only makes sense to shut them off. With the exception of that tunnel map where it's pitch black.

I still use the light and the laser but when i do I shut them off first thing. When i am going into a situation where i want to blind someone (close quarters and the like) I will turn it on in an effort to blind them. Most of the time i find they do a great job of revealing positions. Mainly some guy sweeps near me with the laser and I can see the flash. I will find cover or I will figure out how to flank him.

In general I find their use limited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
Kagan wrote:

I still use the light and the laser but when i do I shut them off first thing. When i am going into a situation where i want to blind someone (close quarters and the like) I will turn it on in an effort to blind them. Most of the time i find they do a great job of revealing positions. Mainly some guy sweeps near me with the laser and I can see the flash. I will find cover or I will figure out how to flank him.

In general I find their use limited.

As a reminder, your hip firing bonus from a laser is removed when you shut it off. I notice flashlights much more than I do lasers with the exception of the dark maps like Metro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Here's one thing I'm struggling with. I'm running engineer but I don't seem to be using the repair tool very much. Should I switch to the tank mine? I just don't find myself around friendly tanks all the time and when I do I honestly can't tell if they are damaged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:53 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
Props to N8 for summerizing the highlights in one threads. Some more thoughts:

Repair: Look for the wrench on the map and on the screen, this will guide you to vehicles needing repair.

Assault: Throw out health packs near a group of your team as they are engaged in a firefire and you'll heal them and get points. Also, once you get the defib, reviving someone gets you 100 pts (same as a kill), plus gives your team back a ticket

Support: Throw out ammo packs near a group of your team as they are engaged in a firefire and you'll resupply them and get points. running around attaching c4 to enemy tanks can get you huge points (400-600 pts) with the disable, the vehicle kill, the soldier kill, and possible multikill bonuses.

Engineer: Toss out mines, repair stuff, and shoot rockets into tanks/jeeps.

Recon (Sniper): It's take a while to get good stuff (like the Soflam & MAV), but it's still valuable to provide covering fire for your team.

CO-OP: A great way to learn the controls and advance. The first couple are fairly straight forward and easy. Co-op mission #2 lets you fly a chopper, so master and you are good to go in the game (chopper can be tough to fly).

Platoon:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391313052531/

I just sent in my application...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:10 pm

SoonerChris wrote:
Here's one thing I'm struggling with. I'm running engineer but I don't seem to be using the repair tool very much. Should I switch to the tank mine? I just don't find myself around friendly tanks all the time and when I do I honestly can't tell if they are damaged.

You'll get scads more points using mines. Blow up a full tank near a flag and you'll get vehicle, personnel, and defend bonuses. Unless arranged ahead of time with the crew, I wont run a torch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:17 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
SoonerChris wrote:

You'll get scads more points using mines. Blow up a full tank near a flag and you'll get vehicle, personnel, and defend bonuses. Unless arranged ahead of time with the crew, I wont run a torch.

Good to know. But just as I'm getting comfortable with BF3 I'm going to have to play MW3 to get ready for KoTW next weekend. Decisions, decisions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:04 pm

You could run the torch if you're using the tank....or course. People seem to be very good at it, especially combined with running maintenance.

You can also use the torch to destroy enemy tanks. They are the most vulnerable at the rear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention BF3 NOOBS
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next