Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Attention BF3 NOOBS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:56 pm

I unlocked the little robot repair buggy thing, boy does that thing suck, I'm going back to the torch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:01 pm

DEATH-THREAT-HxC wrote:
I unlocked the little robot repair buggy thing, boy does that thing suck, I'm going back to the torch.
Try the AT mines. Good time and alot of points when a vehicle rolls over them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:05 pm

I tried them for one game only, didnt get anything probably because of bad placement. I'll definitely have to give them another go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:27 pm

It think the AT mines are the engineers best asset. Especially on the defense on maps with lots of jeeps. Wake Island you gain major kill points becuase there are a lot of jeeps and many choke points. I like to lay down 2-3 mines, one on top of the other. Looks like one, but instead of disable points I can get the vehicle destroyed and kills on a tank. only takes one mine for jeeps and two mines for IFV.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:07 pm

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
Last night was a bitch cause it seemed like each enemy team was all colonels and they had their shit together. It shows most with vehicles and all the goodies they have unlocked. A map like metro though with no vehicles guys like that show they can be beat.

We beat them on metro, only to promptly get an ass whipping. I was curious about their names (and playstyle) so I looked them up. Apparently, we were playing a clan from France. Their entire clan average rank is colonel. Noobs they were not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Ugh... when I joined last night we were getting owned on Metro by those colonels. I really sucked last night (and I have pvt messages from some dbag to "prove" it), so after the 1 - 11 match against fellow 30's I had my fill of BF3 and bailed.

I can't kill squat in that game with the gear I've unlocked so far. I want to enjoy this game, I really do, but I am having troubles with it right now. I don't have all that much time on the PS3 these days to suffer through many more nights like last night, that's for sure.

This isn't an indictment of the game or you guys who prefer it, I just can't get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm with DeathThreat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Hock, I felt the same way man, just keep at it and it does get better. Hell, just today I went like 2-12 or something like that and finished #3 on my time. Just got in a chopper and spotted like crazy and shot a few things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:40 am

I love this game. I am still learning it (It is very difficult to get used to, but I am doing better)

It is a seriously team based game, so kills are not going to "pile up". You need to move for EACH OTHER with EACH OTHER. I know the coms are kind of crap a lot, but we really need to use them the whole time and stick together. Let each other know where you are and what you are doing. Travel in pairs or 3's depending on how many in the party. Lone Wolf gets nothing out of this game.

That was what I loved about the battlefield series was the use of strategy. I am not spectacular at coming up with them, but I can run the shit out of them. Overhead pictures of the entire map would help in planning these.

Again, it is about patience. First in learning the maps and use of controls. Then patience in your attack. Running everywhere is going to get you killed! That is why there is so much smoke, debris, rocks, buildings. Plenty of places to hunker down and check out the area.

Also, I got my first points in a plane last night so I was pretty excited. Nixon was in that game. But remember. If you have a pilot up, you MUST spot. Targets are very hard to see without spotting.

Love,
Me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:54 am

DeathThreat...should we try to Squad Up again...sorry I bailed but I mismanaged my time.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:17 am

Last night was day 2 for me on BF3. I did a little better than I did on the first day. I bought my K/d from a .53 to a .81 and my W/l from a .56 to a 1.00.

I've started getting some unlocks for some of the guns which makes it easier to kill people. Iron sights so far have been shit. I use a reddot and the tactical light and it seems to work. I'm learning to look on my radar a little more to find people. I actually had a 17-4 game last night. And then on another game I was the top scorer off of both sides. It's definitely alot different than Black Ops and MW3, but I think that I'm getting use to it some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:24 am

It's cool Manic, it put us on opposite teams even though we were in a party/squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:27 am

What was that about?

So if it's just 2 of us how should our game be for Conquest? Guard B...and float between 2 flags?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:29 am

I dont know, I'm sure I probably did something wrong causing it to split us up. I've never led a party so I don't know what I'm doing haha.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:12 am

It split our party up last night also.
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:41 am

When it splits your party you all realize that you can swap sides? It might take some time but you should be able to get on the same side in one match and from that point onwards you will always be on the same side.
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:54 am

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
DEATH-THREAT-HxC wrote:
Try the AT mines. Good time and alot of points when a vehicle rolls over them.

Mines are awesome! A little hint (well it works for me Smile if you want to mine a road and its well light throw a grenade first once it explodes there will be a dark circle on the floor, mine this circle and there are harder to spot. Same for trees and buildings, the shadows they cast help to hide them Smile

I would also suggest not putting them all on top of each other if one is shot all go up. If you put them in a triangle they will have to shot each one.

Good luck with the tank killing Smile

C4 is also good but I tended to find that I had to commit hari-kari 50% of the time to make sure that I killed them before they killed me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:56 am

Good tips Ogbuna, thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Actually, Ogbunbali, I have been split off from a party of 4 I started and barred from switching teams because "switching teams would unbalance the server". If no one bothers to bounce out you can be stuck on the "wrong" side for multiple rounds (I eventually quit because I was tired of lone wolfing it). To my thinking, this is poor design/implementation by DICE. If we form a team of 4, keep us together, period. Why on earth would we ever form as four and then desire to be split up?
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 pm

hockalees wrote:
Actually, Ogbunbali, I have been split off from a party of 4 I started and barred from switching teams because "switching teams would unbalance the server". If no one bothers to bounce out you can be stuck on the "wrong" side for multiple rounds (I eventually quit because I was tired of lone wolfing it). To my thinking, this is poor design/implementation by DICE. If we form a team of 4, keep us together, period. Why on earth would we ever form as four and then desire to be split up?

Erm, maybe I am just lucky Smile did get that message once or twice but just the person or persons on the other team to swap to mine. Never had it go through a whole game or multi.

Agree 100% with why they would even split just find or wait until it can get you all in.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:53 pm

How do you swap sides and how do you back out of a pre-game lobby? Only way I have been able to leave is by hitting the PS button and quit game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:01 pm

hockalees wrote:

I am in the process of writing my first impressions of BF3 and this is a huge down side to me, its even worse than MW3 having no party privacy options. More thoughts to come soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:13 pm

The1UrLookin4 wrote:
How do you swap sides and how do you back out of a pre-game lobby? Only way I have been able to leave is by hitting the PS button and quit game.

You must use the triangle "squad and team".

From there you can leave squad, join squad, and switch team. If it does not work the 1st time, try, try, and try again. Usually someone will leave and unbalance the teams so that you may switch.

Also, we've been following an unwritten law. If you go out with 4 and 1 gets split up (or 2), we always switch to the party leaders side. If the squads are full, and you're missing your guys, use the last squad (i think it's H) to regroup. Obviously, this changes when the party leaders side is full, and the other is not.
Back to top Go down
Brennan_Huff122

Brennan_Huff122

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Ok so I've made the decision to give BF3 a turn in the console. Ive tired of playing mw3 and Blops is getting old running solo. So with that said I'm on board, would like to build my FL of a few regulars so not hung out to dry night after night tryingto figure this game out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Welcome aboard Brennan, my FL list may be full but I can make room for you.
Back to top Go down
Brennan_Huff122

Brennan_Huff122

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:38 pm

That would be great, think I will be on later today I could hit u up then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention BF3 NOOBS
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next