Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Attention BF3 NOOBS

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:04 pm

You could run the torch if you're using the tank....or course. People seem to be very good at it, especially combined with running maintenance.

You can also use the torch to destroy enemy tanks. They are the most vulnerable at the rear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:30 am

SoonerChris wrote:
Here's one thing I'm struggling with. I'm running engineer but I don't seem to be using the repair tool very much. Should I switch to the tank mine? I just don't find myself around friendly tanks all the time and when I do I honestly can't tell if they are damaged.

I found the mines are what gets me the kills and the vehicle destroys and disables. In certain spots they are like little XP guarantees.

That being said, I just went 2-13 and was 3rd MVP at 3600 points due to running as N8's gunner and hopping out and repairing when he was getting hammered. He was in the fire fight longer and I was getting squad repair points the whole time. I used to jump out and shoot launcher, but I think the torch is the way to go. I will change out the loadout when spawning into someone's tank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:07 am

Did you know that in all air vehciles that can seat more than 2 persons, you can pull out your torch and repair while in air.. With 2 gunners (1 being me, switching places) and good flying chopper pilot I've had some nice games in Rush mode. I like the best squad ribbon ^^

Sorry for getting out last night after being with n8 and anderson I got kicked because I dont have the new maps yet.. Does anyone have a idea of a good server we could use as meeting point?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:32 am

I'm finding the mines are actually more useful than the repair tool. Usually good players will keep shooting vehicles and I find myself dying while trying to stay out and repair.
The mines are money in the bank along roads or places you learn the enemy will typically travel to get to flags or Mcom stations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:43 am

Noobs,

Don't forget that there are also 8 additional weapons to unlock for multiplayer via playing Co-op missions AND an additional 10 weapons to unlock if you got the Back to Karkand DLC.

Co-op weapons are unlocked based on your cumulative Co-op score. You can get around 10,000 - 12,000 per mission and the final weapon unlocks somewhere around 450,000 points. This will involve some grinding of missions to unlock everything. Best mission to grind on is Hit and Run. It is one of the quickest missions and one I've now done like 30 times and can be finished in about 6-7 minutes. You can view your co-op weapon unlock progress in My Soldier under the Co-op section.

Back to Karkand weapons via "Assignments" and can be viewed in My Soldier under the My Assignments section. These weapons unlock via in-game achievements such as "Earn 50 kill assists" or "Revive 10 teammates". Each weapon has about 3-4 requirements and there are 2 weapons for each class plus 2 universal weapons (the PP19 and some shotgun). You have to unlock the first weapon before you can unlock the 2nd weapon for that class.
eg, Unlock the FAMAS (for assault) via 10 squad heals and 10 revives BEFORE you can unlock the 2nd assault rifle, the L85A2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:42 am

Just want to give a hats off to BigDaddyN8. We played last night and wore out some enemies in a tank. He was driving (good driving) with me on the gun. Held 2 points in Rush for at least 10 minutes.

Last edited by SoonerChris on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:47 am

I love this game.. I will love it more when I get better at handling it. I am so used to PC versions of battlefield that it is taking me some time to get used to the behavior on console. For instance I find myself constantly ADS (Which I never did before black ops) so it is messing with me. Hip firing I got a bunch more kills. I am totally for a co op game with other 30's to get the hang of this. I had so much more fun yesterday playing this game. I'm still not sure if Medic or Support will be my chosen class. Once I have one, I usually stick to it pretty religiously. See you in game!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:50 am

So here's a call out: Who all plays around 3-5 Central Time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:50 am

DarkkerDaze wrote:
I love this game.. I will love it more when I get better at handling it. I am so used to PC versions of battlefield that it is taking me some time to get used to the behavior on console. For instance I find myself constantly ADS (Which I never did before black ops) so it is messing with me. Hip firing I got a bunch more kills. I am totally for a co op game with other 30's to get the hang of this. I had so much more fun yesterday playing this game. I'm still not sure if Medic or Support will be my chosen class. Once I have one, I usually stick to it pretty religiously. See you in game!

Hit me up when I'm on for some co-op. Need to unlock some guns and get some practice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 am

SoonerChris wrote:
Just want to give a hats off to BigDaddyN8. We played last night and wore out some enemies in a tank. He was driving (good driving) with me on the gun. Held 2 points in Rush for at least 10 minutes.

Thanks Chris. Glad I was able to keep ya entertained and hopefully you got a chunk of points from it too. we were working well keeping the rush points from being overrun. Nixon and Kagen were on the other team waiting to get in on the squad. You went to bed too early, we had some great games in conquest after that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:18 am

I had a less than stelar night playing. I apologize for the raging and was suprised i didnt throw my controller through the tv. Having more than 75% of my deaths in one night to come from just 2 guys irrittated the hell out of me. OMFG the guys running USAS-12 with the frag rounds need a punch in the suckhole. It was like i had a homing beacon on my head. Didnt matter where or what i did this guy was there to kill me. Up close im dead or halfway across the map equaled death. It also seemed like i picked the wrong place to spawn each time. Oh well ill just chalk it up to being "one of those nights" and go from there. Playing some rush was really cool as im more used to that mode from basically only playing that in BFBC2. Finished my night by running a couple of games of tdm just for shits and giggles and actually mopped up. I see it as a quick way to level weapons but all in all it was just too chaotic for my taste. Maybe a game or 2 is all i can handle at a time and if im running solo ill most likely be playing rush. Im off today so ill probably get some campaign in today as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:56 pm

I need the SoCom plants for assignments Nixon, so I will play Rush. The mode is much more frantic I think than conquest so learning the map, the plants and the ins and outs was overwhelming for me. I will have to check it out again.

USAS- Is a broken sack of garbage. The explosive rounds make this a rapid fire mini grenade launcher that is deadly from medium to short range. I have no problem getting creamed by this gun in a head to head CQC situation. It is a shotty. It should be good from up close. At medium range the USAS user should feel more fear and think to avoid those confrontations. BUT they don’t because an explosive round does not spread and deplete the damage. I hope EA/Dice fixes this because it is BS.

If it makes you feel any better I could not hear you raging, but did see the .5 KD game & figured you would be pissed. It seems like we got into some organized lobbies where the players knew what they were doing. I was getting so frustrated I gave up on trying to kill guys that I ran engineer and repaired N8’s tank the whole time since that was the only think I could hit. I almost got the Torch Vehicle Kill.

Here is to hoping that tonight is better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:07 pm

I finally did get my torch kill just a while ago playing with you...hit up a tank from the rear and killed him in just a couple of seconds. Lot faster than shooting rockets at him...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Two new tricks I picked up today. Some of you may already know these (and if you did why the hell didn't you share?)
1. You can cook off the grenades in BF3. I have been just throwing them and gettting frustrated that you can't cook them off. Just hold down the throw grenade button and the R1 weapon fire button at the same time and you will hold the grenade and cook it off. Release the R1 weapon fire button and grenade button when you want to throw the grenade. The grenades have a pretty long fuse @5 seconds in BF3.

2. The flak jacket specialization is awesome to use if you are a vehicle whore like me. Turns out the flak jacket specialization transfers over to the vehicle you are driving increasing the amount of explosive (ie RPG) damage you can absorb. Works on helicopters, planes, jeeps too. Now I know why guys wouldn't die when they were in a tank and I got first shot on them and was hammering them with main gun rounds. They had the flak specialization equipped on their engineer class to absorb greater explosive damage. Sneaky bastards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:38 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:

2. The flak jacket specialization is awesome to use if you are a vehicle whore like me. Turns out the flak jacket specialization transfers over to the vehicle you are driving increasing the amount of explosive (ie RPG) damage you can absorb. Works on helicopters, planes, jeeps too. Now I know why guys wouldn't die when they were in a tank and I got first shot on them and was hammering them with main gun rounds. They had the flak specialization equipped on their engineer class to absorb greater explosive damage. Sneaky bastards.

No shit...+1 for the very useful bit of knowledge there...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Thank you for the cooking tip!! It was killing me. I figured there HAD to be a way to cook them. +1 BD. Will be on tonight. Looking for teammates. I really have to get the hang of this soon. The aiming thing is really frustrating, but I believe in repetition and I know I will get it soon enough. I just hate the waiting!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Darkker...just don't switch back to MW3.

You will loose progress in getting used to the controls. Taught myself that little tip by playing some BO with the wife... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:48 pm

I encounted a type of glitch today. I was running assault during a tdm match and i dropped a medkit at my feet then went prone next to it. Continued to lay next to it while being shot to hell from 3 angles but i didnt die or lose any health. 1 enemy rushed at me and shot me point blank with no effect. Even survived a nade next to me. I killed 2 of the enemies then got up and ran away. Too bad there is no rage mic in BF3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:51 pm

LOL!! Win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:52 pm

I was going to post some videos and tips to helicopter flying, but that is a big subject and you will be best served by using your google-fu skills and looking it up if you are interested. I want to get better at that next. I have the tank maxed out so the next thing is the IFV. I want the sabo armor piercing rounds. It will be nastier when taking on other tanks.

@Darker- Use a supressor if you are using a SMG/Engineer class. They greatly reduce the recoil and helps with accuracy. Only good for up close which is all the engineer is good for anyway in a direct fire engagement. Suppressors are not as effective on the assault rifles and I tend to use the heavy barrell with them. Red dots/Holo sights are the way to go and use the grip. Pick a good weapon with a 2 round burst and use that instead of full auto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:59 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
I was going to post some videos and tips to helicopter flying, but that is a big subject and you will be best served by using your google-fu skills and looking it up if you are interested. I want to get better at that next. I have the tank maxed out so the next thing is the IFV. I want the sabo armor piercing rounds. It will be nastier when taking on other tanks.

@Darker- Use a supressor if you are using a SMG/Engineer class. They greatly reduce the recoil and helps with accuracy. Only good for up close which is all the engineer is good for anyway in a direct fire engagement. Suppressors are not as effective on the assault rifles and I tend to use the heavy barrell with them. Red dots/Holo sights are the way to go and use the grip. Pick a good weapon with a 2 round burst and use that instead of full auto.
Some ARs are decent with the suppressor. Ive been running the M416 with holo,foregrip and suppressor and its an awesome setup for flanking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Agreed. The 416 has less side to side recoil than the M16 plus I love the 2 round fire selector. I have been running that same set up on my assault classes and it works well. I like the heavy barrell on the M16 if I feel like using it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:31 am

Arguably the best burst fire weapon (to save swapping to burst fire mode) is the HK2002 assault rifle that is unlocked from the co-op missions. It's the 2nd or 3rd weapon I think so it doesn't take too much to get it. One of the most accurate assault rifles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:44 am

I haven't been on in about 5 days, hope to get some games in after work today!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:20 am

BigDaddyN8 wrote:

Thanks for the tip. I have to get a silencer first though. Once I do I will try it. I would really like to get better with the Medic, because it does not seem that we have a lot of them running around. Maybe I just haven't played enough yet to notice. Also, sorry about ditching after one game last night. towards the end of the round my eyes started closing and I knew I had to run before I fell asleep in front of the game. Catch you guys on later!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:42 am

I think I'm the only one who consistently runs the Assault class for healing. I enjoy the other classes but..

1. Alot of the other guys run Engineer already
2. Support is okay but since we die a lot, Ammo Boxes arn't always critical
3. Most Recon stuff is gimmicky and I find most recon guys using sniper rifles are never close enough to capture objectives and end up with like 6 kills while they learn about snipers and bullet drop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention BF3 NOOBS   Attention BF3 NOOBS - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attention BF3 NOOBS
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next