Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion

Go down 
+3
Shooting-@-U
BigDaddySn0w
Severed Digits
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Yeah, I'm one of those after 10est type people. I'll be on the lookout for ya Cyber.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 am

Damn i got beat like a rented mule last night. I swear i saw some shit that boggled my mind. Numerous times firing a javelin to watch it head to target only to take a 90 degree left/right turn before hitting the target. I had hit markers with stingers on helos that are supposed to be 1 hit disables. One of those night it seemed like i was playing core and the enemy was on hardcore. I think i was shooting marshmallows at everything. Frustrating as all hell. Some idiot usas frag rounded me a bunch during a few matches so i pm'd him to seriously get some skill and he responded with "u mad bro??? cuz your mom loves my boomstick and the buckshot i shoot in her mouth".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:02 am

Even the hate mail was kicking you ass. I too had a frustrating night. Outgunned by PDW sub machine guns all night. Shotgun deaths at odd ranges...

It was a good hard fought match on Seine crossing. We would have done well in that I think we controlled the flags better. I think we just got stomped on deaths. When the other team had a 44 and 3 others over 30 kills you have to own the flags all game to beat that burn.

It was nice to play people who were not pub lobby push overs... but I want the game to behave how i have seen it behave up until last night.

One thing is for certain, on Seine Crossing I am not halo jumping off the steps, landing behind someone and shooting them...Apparently it is easy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:08 am

That sienne game last night was great at least from a competition stand point definitely.

I know we were getting a bit upset over the insane amount of shotgun users on the other team but after having time to digest it, it was pretty impressive for like 3 of the enemy to rack up that many kills using them and still hold flags like they did.

I believe we need to stick together more (especially capping flags) in games where to competition is more competitive like last night. Sticking together means likely winning more of those gun fights, having reviving team mates close by and gaining benefits from heals, ammo and someone maybe watching your back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:18 am

carlmuir wrote:

I believe we need to stick together more (especially capping flags) in games where to competition is more competitive like last night. Sticking together means likely winning more of those gun fights, having reviving team mates close by and gaining benefits from heals, ammo and someone maybe watching your back.

I think this is a great idea, but for most of the time I think we did this. I found myself running as a group to most situations and then getting squad wiped. It was freakish. I would come up the stairs at D and see three guys get mowed down in front of me.

They were squad bomb crazy as well. One guy turned into 4 every time. Find a guy hiding in the garage at A? 3 more appear as you are trying to gun him down.

Maybe being more plan-ful about it, running assigned groups to assigned places? Like 1 squad is B&D and other squad is A&C? Also when Mal was in the tank It seemed like we did better taking points... I always forget to use the tank on that map.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:57 am

Might be a nice strategy when we get a large enough group to where say 4 guys camp out A and the other 4 camp out B. Not sure what to do when a map has 4 or more flags if we are only 4-8 guys on though.

Not sure any of us are disciplined enough to "camp" out a flag though, myself included. You naturally gravitate to where the action is and we always kind of panic when we are losing a flag.

Some nice communication in a few games though where only a few of us went back to re-cap a flag as opposed to everyone hauling tail back. We don't need like 6 guys trying to re-cap a flag usually so it was nice to know some x30x's were on it and I could stay where I was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:15 am

I know I got real quiet last night after getting curb stomped for a while. That's what I try to do instead of bitching.. which I think i did more than normal last night as well.

All of the games were pretty close except for 1 or 2. That actually surprised me, as it seemed like we could get nothing going.

I tried to stick with guys as much as possible, but ended up getting separated a few times.

Oh well.. not gonna be like that every night, but we probably should have some structure for situations like that as Wini suggested. Camping is not really the word.. floating between points is a better way to say it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:31 am

DarkkerDaze wrote:

Oh well.. not gonna be like that every night, but we probably should have some structure for situations like that as Wini suggested. Camping is not really the word.. floating between points is a better way to say it.

So leave A. They can have it. We don't want to get spread too thin running from flag to flag 8 at a a time. One squad floats B&D one squad floats D&C

or something like that.

I agree with Carl, I play to play and that means running to where the excitement is. More fun, but not as likely to win in this case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:58 pm

I think many of you discount the sneaky aspect of the game and keep running toward the action all the time (as said above). While in a squad with some of you, I'm usually alone because I think you realize I'm not where you want to be. However, has anyone noticed that I'm always by myself and saying something like "I'm on A"?

Sneaking around to where the action is NOT is sometimes the easiest way to get the win, especially when being dominated. If you cant take them one on one start frustrating the other team to disrupt their flow. There always needs to be killers on the team, but we can't all fill that role. If for whatever reason were outmatched, then lets try a new tactic.

If there are 4 flags and they have 3, circle around to take the farthest while letting them take the one you had left. You could very well take 3 and leave them with 1 if done correctly. Of course, this tactic works great on people who "always want to be where the action is". Rolling Eyes There going to all be taking the last flag.

The tactic works great on Metro. You think you're about to do some spawn trapping in the subway and then someone takes A.

Back to top Go down
BigDaddySn0w

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Kagan wrote:
I think many of you discount the sneaky aspect of the game and keep running toward the action all the time (as said above). While in a squad with some of you, I'm usually alone because I think you realize I'm not where you want to be. However, has anyone noticed that I'm always by myself and saying something like "I'm on A"?

Sneaking around to where the action is NOT is sometimes the easiest way to get the win, especially when being dominated. If you cant take them one on one start frustrating the other team to disrupt their flow. There always needs to be killers on the team, but we can't all fill that role. If for whatever reason were outmatched, then lets try a new tactic.

If there are 4 flags and they have 3, circle around to take the farthest while letting them take the one you had left. You could very well take 3 and leave them with 1 if done correctly. Of course, this tactic works great on people who "always want to be where the action is". Rolling Eyes There going to all be taking the last flag.

The tactic works great on Metro. You think you're about to do some spawn trapping in the subway and then someone takes A.

My approach is very much the same. I often find myself alone flanking the enemy with a silenced weapon. it seems like 75% of the time, I'm capping a flag by myself while the rest of the squad is locked down in a fire fight with the enemy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Maybe its because I tend to paly early and solo but I am usually in the same spot as Kagan. Alone, wich is fine since I am usually with randumbs. I too like to flank and skip the middle flag to go for the far objective. I am a flag whore and love to cap them, not great at defense as I get bored and do stupid things to get myself killed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Seine was crazy. I may have been the cause for the shotguns. I used one on that round. I hadn't gotten the shotgun ribbon yet. I will say I didn't use the USAS or Frag rounds (not unlocked and wouldn't use them anyway). So my apologies to all for that. I did get a lot of kills with it The guy that planted c4 on the stairs really burned me. I was standing right in front of him , close enough to reach out and touch him, and he set off c4 that killed me and not him. I don't get that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Obticeo Sicarius wrote:
Seine was crazy. I may have been the cause for the shotguns. I used one on that round. I hadn't gotten the shotgun ribbon yet. I will say I didn't use the USAS or Frag rounds (not unlocked and wouldn't use them anyway). So my apologies to all for that. I did get a lot of kills with it The guy that planted c4 on the stairs really burned me. I was standing right in front of him , close enough to reach out and touch him, and he set off c4 that killed me and not him. I don't get that.

No need to apologize at all. If i was thinking straight i would have brought one out too and fight back but i was blinded by my own stupidity and rage. I died at least 4 or 5 times in that damn stairway by c. So id pick the c flag to respawn and it would put me exactly where i just died right in front of an enemy. That idiot either knifed me or blew my ass up with the c4 and WTF yeah why didnt he take any damage. If i get into a match like that again im going to have to slow things down and play defensive. Not what i do in BF3 but oh well have to adapt to whats being thrown at me i guess. Right now im still pissed at how i played last night and god forbid the enemies tonight if i get rolling as im going to bring the pain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:53 pm

crazynixon7 wrote:
god forbid the enemies tonight if i get rolling as im going to bring the pain.

I love it.. I hope to be on around 11 or so. I have some dog tags to make up for tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:05 pm

DarkkerDaze wrote:
crazynixon7 wrote:
god forbid the enemies tonight if i get rolling as im going to bring the pain.

I love it.. I hope to be on around 11 or so. I have some dog tags to make up for tonight.

LOL

I wish my game got better the more angry I got. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:08 pm

I forgot about you guys raging on the C4!

I was kind of laughing because

a)I managed to avoid dying to it. I think I died way too many times before I got to the stairs.
b)I thought it was a great use for it and shows it isnt just for vehicles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:43 pm

carlmuir wrote:

a)I managed to avoid dying to it. I think I died way too many times before I got to the stairs.

The bitch part about the stairs was that they just sat in the stairwell waiting. Our bad for continuing to go in there even though we knew full well that we would die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:53 pm

DarkkerDaze wrote:
carlmuir wrote:

The bitch part about the stairs was that they just sat in the stairwell waiting. Our bad for continuing to go in there even though we knew full well that we would die.

yep, the guys in the stairwell on seine crossing and the guys in the stairwell on bazaar. don't know why I kept going up there.Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Moth to a flame...flies to shit. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 am

Yep, but it got me a lot of revives....

Nixon groaning "PLEASE stop reviving me" Whoops! My bad for bringing you back in front of all the bad guys.

I have to admit I agree that it was a good use of the C4 in the stairwell. I will have to try that when I am ducking behind cover waiting to not die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:44 am

I was wondering who Nixon was talking about when he said that as I hadn't been around him as much in that game.

There goes Wini trying to pad his SPM with revives in the face of danger Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:56 am

Last night was less than enjoyable as I was stuck on the other team against 6 30's. Just me and turp outgunned 9 to 6 was rough. Couldn't switch sides for 3 games and when I finally did get over I got a hard freeze and decided to call it a night. One on one I did ok against you scheming bastards, but the teamwork was evident and frustrating as hell as my team couldn't cap any points and hold them for any length of time. It was like facing a buzzsaw of 30's as one would die and then 3 more would pop up in his place, kill me and then revive the guy I just killed. I am glad that the teamwork is staying in place and knowing how the clan plays and balancing the loadouts is very obvious if you have the misfortune of getting stuck on the other side.

It would be nice if everybody in the clan registered with battlelog so they could all rock the x30x clan tag. A few new faces playing last night and I wasn't sure if they were 30's or not so I didn't want to use the admin priviledge and move them over so I could trade spaces with them and get on the team with the boys. Last thing I want to do is accidentally bump a 30 I don't recognize to make room so I can switch sides.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Glad you guys are still talking about the 2012 Battle of Seine Crossing. Interested in hearing what we could have done better. Lots of good strategy being discussed.

We seemed to be holding the flags decently but the kill ratio was just absurd. The ticket loss from that alone had to be our biggest downfall. Keeping together in small numbers with a medic for revives, taking cover if you are the last one alive for re-spawns, calling out where they are camped out and just slowing down the pace (rush to flags) all together seem like strategy that would have helped turn the table.

I know this clan has a big focus on "having fun" but I really don't mind taking an order now and then if someone has an observation about strategy.

I'm totally guilty of losing the objective on Oman where we lost a nearly 100 point lead because I was irritated they kept stealing our chopper. I wish I would have thought to just strap some C4 to it and let them have it instead of hopping in it myself. Next time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:18 pm

carlmuir wrote:
There goes Wini trying to pad his SPM with revives in the face of danger Wink

Shamelessly What a Face

Good points N8. We need to sport the tag so everyone knows who is who.

Mal- I agree with the ticket loss. I still think we controlled the flags better than they did. They all had Rush style numbers on us which kept the burn to a minimum. That and I was consistently outgunned by SMGs and shottys.
We do a pretty decent job of balancing the order to fun ratio. There is no designated leader, but that does not mean you can't ask for some help or propose a flag to attack. Sometimes I take orders, sometimes I give them. "I need a gunner" or "I go B, who can help?" or "I watch back alley, can you watch street?" are perfectly legit ways to operate I think. Telling people where to go and when will not fly I imagine.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Last night seemed to be better but i still saw some "glitchy" stuff. My 2 last matches when i looked for a target with the javelin the red box never came onto the screen. I had to listen for the lock tone to know when to fire. When i logged on i checked the server only to see that i was getting a single bar ping from it. Makes no sense as its east coast and only time i ever saw a ping drop is when in a west coast server and even then im getting 4 out of 5 bars. I reloaded the game and it still was 1 so i restarted the ps3 and then everything was fine at 5 bars. Maybe EA/DIce are having server issues the last few days as it did seem kinda "laggy" at times. Not nearly noticeable last night as the previous night. I felt bad for you n8 as i wanted to flip you to our side but it wouldnt let me due to the balancing. I think your team was down 3 players to ours so i had a feeling it wouldnt do it. I love this game and playing with you guys makes it a blast but running solo makes my blood boil. Damn randumbs that dont help cap flags or drop ammo/med packs drive me insane in the membrane. One match on Strike i threatened to kick my whole team as basically all of them were either sitting on rooftops sniping or avoiding the flags. Think that match lasted all of 7/8 minutes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:23 pm

When it gets like that, I will probably be the first to switch over, so we have at least even amounts of 30's. That will probably help ease the pain a bit.

As far as orders vs. fun, I have bunches of fun when orders are being thrown out. Not the "GET TO B, GET TO B!!" Orders, but more of the Wini explanation of "I need a gunner", "going B, who's coming with?" type.

Lastly on the tags, I agree. Everyone should get signed up on battlelog and rock the tags so we know who you are. Fishboy may be exempt from this as battlelog apparently hates him pale

Of course, who doesn't know who Fish is by now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion    BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3: x30x PTFO or GTFO Server Discussion
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next