Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Speaking of guns....

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:54 pm

GHEY! Who the hell decided that it would be cool to put two .45's together. So damn impractical. Its like this monstrosity.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Mossbe10

Because god knows that cowboys need tactical lights, foregrips, lasers, and cup holders attached to their saddle guns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 pm

FBD, you like shotguns. Maybe this one is more your speed.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Double10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Not sure why you'd need optics on a double 16" barrel, but the light makes sense. Tritium Ghost rings would be cool though!

C'mon, that double .45 was a little cool...just for shits and grins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 4:10 pm

FBD wrote:
Not sure why you'd need optics on a double 16" barrel, but the light makes sense. Tritium Ghost rings would be cool though!

C'mon, that double .45 was a little cool...just for shits and grins.

LOL, I was looking at that exact room-clearer when I was at Gander Mountain. It didn't have the stupid sights on it though. Think it was around $400-something (Stoeger).

Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:12 pm

So......

The wife is having second thoughts about storing a gun in the house. Any options there? A few things:

1) We currently we live at her parent's place (my in-laws). So no installing permanent safes there.

2) Is storing it at a range or other location possible? Worthwhile? I'm thinking maybe I could store it at my parent's place (5 mins away), or store it disassembled? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Any gun can be disassembled. Will that allow it to be stored at your in laws? If that's the case just field strip it (remove slide or bolt). And you can keep it handy.

Put a small master lock on a hard case and it'll prevent any small hands accessing it. Slide it under a bed and no one will mess with it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 10:27 am

A pistol with a U bolt lock or cable lock is secured. Kept in the hard case with a secondary lock on the case will keep it plenty safe from kids and in-laws. Under the bed, in the closet, in a tennis racket case, there are many places it can be concealed. Kept at your parents works too. Ranges do not have storage, at least none that I am aware of. Do you have any friends that work at the closest national guard armory or police/sherriff dept? They generally have the ability to store in the vaults. Pain in the ass to get it back out without prior arraingements, but that may work. I do not recommend storing at a friends house, even ones you trust. Even though it is stored at their place, it is your weapon so you can be held liable for it. I lost a very nice shotgun and a friend that way once when I was yound, stupid, and didn't know better.

At least take the wife to the gun show so you can handle/fondle differnt weapons to find what fits you. Don't listen to the sellers as they will peg you and the wife for newbs and most likely try to pull one over on you. They are there to make a buck and there is a sucker born every minute, but you won't be able to go anywhere else and handle such a large inventory. get their card and write the price and make/model of the pistol down. Get online to research the price with your phone. Gunbroker.com or budsgunshop.com generally have the lowest prices online. Take into mind to add $50-$75 to the online price to find the good market price of what you are looking at. That markup will cover the FFL transfer fees and shipping w/insurance if you bought online. You can always ask here and I am sure myself, FBD, Anderson, and any other gun nut will help you out.

Weapons are not evil, they are tools. People are frightened by weapons because of movies, media, and nutjobs that use them, but they are mearly implements. On a side note, at the gun show your wife may find other things she likes. They generally have all kinds of weird stuff at the shows. Last year I went with my wife and kids. Guess who left with a pistol. Not me, (couldn't find a good price). Turned around and here comes my wife packing a fucking violin! and my kids have cotton candy and toys. WTF. If you need to complete your beanie baby, dream catcher, or jerky collection you can find that too. Plus you get to see all the mall ninja mouth breathing fucktards in sweatpants and beer bellies wandering around trying to tell lies about when they were a Navy SEAL. Good for a laugh. Keep her focused on looking at weapons, but there are other things to take little breaks with so you don't over saturate her with the smell of gun oil and awesomness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:18 am

Weapons are not evil, they are tools. People are frightened by weapons because of movies, media, and nutjobs that use them, but they are mearly implements. On a side note, at the gun show your wife may find other things she likes. They generally have all kinds of weird stuff at the shows. Last year I went with my wife and kids. Guess who left with a pistol. Not me, (couldn't find a good price). Turned around and here comes my wife packing a fucking violin! and my kids have cotton candy and toys. WTF. If you need to complete your beanie baby, dream catcher, or jerky collection you can find that too. Plus you get to see all the mall ninja mouth breathing fucktards in sweatpants and beer bellies wandering around trying to tell lies about when they were a Navy SEAL. Good for a laugh. Keep her focused on looking at weapons, but there are other things to take little breaks with so you don't over saturate her with the smell of gun oil and awesomness.[/quote]

Excuse my ignorance but what kind of 'tool' would I use to put up shelf in my kitchen. Would youd recommend a pistol or would a shot gun be more appropriate. And it's not the guns on their own that are scary it's the gun American combo that provokes the fear factor ;p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:33 am

Killface, how dare you mock our fears of the impending forces that are hunting us down at this very moment...don't even get me started about the Zombie Threat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:20 pm

I heard it's only a matter of time before the communist zombies come thristing for our freedom loving blood...take up your arms brothers!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:50 pm

how did i post twice??? wtf...see below...lol

Last edited by Kagan on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:51 pm

[quote="Kagan"]
xkillxfacex wrote:

Weapons are not evil, they are tools. People are frightened by weapons because of movies, media, and nutjobs that use them, but they are mearly implements. On a side note, at the gun show your wife may find other things she likes. They generally have all kinds of weird stuff at the shows. Last year I went with my wife and kids. Guess who left with a pistol. Not me, (couldn't find a good price). Turned around and here comes my wife packing a fucking violin! and my kids have cotton candy and toys. WTF. If you need to complete your beanie baby, dream catcher, or jerky collection you can find that too. Plus you get to see all the mall ninja mouth breathing fucktards in sweatpants and beer bellies wandering around trying to tell lies about when they were a Navy SEAL. Good for a laugh. Keep her focused on looking at weapons, but there are other things to take little breaks with so you don't over saturate her with the smell of gun oil and awesomness.

Excuse my ignorance but what kind of 'tool' would I use to put up shelf in my kitchen. Would youd recommend a pistol or would a shot gun be more appropriate. And it's not the guns on their own that are scary it's the gun American combo that provokes the fear factor ;p

Perception is everything. While I was in the UK, I can't even tell you how many times I was asked "where are your cowboy boots?"...seriously???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Did you tell them the airline lost your luggage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:53 pm

LOL. No but that would have been genius. Could have said something about my ass-less chaps..
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Ok, so Freak and Bee and I went to the Gun Show today in Costa Mesa, CA. Very interesting. Since we were all noobs, a friend of mine who happens to be very into guns also came along to help out. I help a bunch of guns just to get a feel for them: Beretta 92FS (didn't see any 92A1's and a few that I asked about them didn't know about them), Glock 19 and 26, Sig Saur P226, and some Springfields (don't remember the models).

Of these, I didn't like the Glocks, they felt too "square" in my hand. The Beretta was nice, as was the Sig Saur. The Springfields were nice too, but I don't remember which ones I was looking at (only started to check them out as we were getting ready to go). Just based on feel, I would say I preferred the Sig to the Beretta a slight amount.

So... any thoughts on those in comparison to each other?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:18 pm

so you didn't shoot your eye out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:25 pm

walldoggy wrote:
Ok, so Freak and Bee and I went to the Gun Show today in Costa Mesa, CA. Very interesting. Since we were all noobs, a friend of mine who happens to be very into guns also came along to help out. I help a bunch of guns just to get a feel for them: Beretta 92FS (didn't see any 92A1's and a few that I asked about them didn't know about them), Glock 19 and 26, Sig Saur P226, and some Springfields (don't remember the models).

Of these, I didn't like the Glocks, they felt too "square" in my hand. The Beretta was nice, as was the Sig Saur. The Springfields were nice too, but I don't remember which ones I was looking at (only started to check them out as we were getting ready to go). Just based on feel, I would say I preferred the Sig to the Beretta a slight amount.

So... any thoughts on those in comparison to each other?

It depends on what you like! I have a Spfld TRP (1911), & Spfld XD9SC, while my brother has a Glock 19 & Sig 226. We loaded up all the mags we had and round robin-ed the pistols one after another. The conclusion was that he liked his guns and I liked mine!

The Sigs are nice guns and have a good rep. I like the 226 to shoot. It's heavy and it wouldn't ever be much more than a range gun for me.

I have'n't shot many Beretta's, so really won't comment.

I don't find Glock appealing to shoot ( I don't shoot them well), but you owe it to yourself to a put a box downrange before you make that decision. They have a strong following and are reliable.

Personally, I like the feel of the XD and XDM series pistols by Spfld in that, for me, they fit and therefore aim better (again, for me). I have around 6,000 rds through my XD9SC with two FTE and I know that one of them was caused by a reloaded round that didn't get the case crimped well enough. That said, my wife and I stake our lives on the XD9SC based on both personal experience and reported reliability.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 pm

No did not shoot my eye out. Actually found some nice throwing knives for you and tomahawks for Dave. Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:22 pm

I had a great time at the show. Thanks for the invite Walldog. My son especially had a great time. He has AR15 on the brain now. Guess I better start saving. Or win the mega millions on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Sig 226 is a great weapon. Make sure you find a solid used one from pre2005. At that time Sig moved its manufacturing over seas and had components fabricated in China. Some quality contol issues since then, but they still carry a lifetime warranty. I too despise glocks, they are comfortable to me and I don't like the balance, but many swear by them. I am not surprised dealers didn't know about the 92A1, my dealer had to look them up also. Not sure why, they have been on the market for a year now. Keep looking. Call a few different gun ranges. Some allow you to rent various firearms to try out. That can be the best way to find what fits best unless you gave a gun nut friend who has an arsenal handy. Keep looking. Have you looked into the training classed and concealed weapons permits for your county?

Last edited by BigDaddyN8 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:22 am

Went to a gun show and didn't get any beef jerky? Suspect

The Sig P226 is a beautiful gun. A little heavy, even without a full magazine. I'd never carry one, but it'd make a perfect range gun. The P229's are perty too.

If you're looking for something around that price range, H&K makes some nice looking/handling guns (N8 would approve). If you're looking for something a little cheaper, FNH makes some real nice handguns. I've seen brand new FNP-9's on gunbroker for under $500 with 5 mags. I'm actually thinking I need an FNP-45 in my arsenal in the near future (if I can't afford an HK45C).

The thing with Glocks is they feel blocky, have a weird angle, and look like poop (IMO), but they shoot great and are extremely reliable. I'd suggest shooting a G17/G19 at the range along with some other ones and make a comparison.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:29 am

Ok I am a wussy of a man. The other day I picked up a new mossberg 500 field/security. So what did I do but put the pistol grip and the 18.5" barrrel on and head to the range. I thought I would be safe and shoot some #7 dove shot, I did bring some 3" buckshot but after 12 or so shots my hand was so sore that I was done. I can still feel it this morning, I am such a wussy!

Another note on saturday night I decided to break down the gun and clean it before I took it to the range. Holly cow is this thing more complicated than my old Rem 870. It took me like 2 hours to figure out how to put the damn thing back together. For some reason I just could not get things lined up right. I think I got it now but I was almost ready to throw it out the window.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:37 am

I fully approve of any HK weapon. The FN weapons are excellent weapons also. I haven't shot one yet so I can't give true handeling comparisons. Top weapons are the HK, Sig, . Middle tier are Springfield, Beretta, Glock (some feel it is a top teir weapon), Ruger. Those are the 6 major brands you should explore.

Fishboy, I love Mossberg 500s but hate a pistol grip on them. It changes the angle you hold the weapon and can lead to wrist issues. Looks cool, but plays little in improving the weapon unless you are looking to conceal it behind your truck seat. I always preferred a full stock with speed loaders as it still allows you to butt stroke and give you more control. A tactical light addition is great for a home shotgun, but little more than that is needed. Not sure why people feel the need to have a bayonet lug on their shotgun? Its not like you are going to fix bayonets and charge. OH well. Glad you got a new toy also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:55 am

Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 TFS0600

Fish-

This is the setup I have on my 500. The main reason I have it setup this way is because I keep it in a safe under my bed that is very small, and slides out easily. Push one button, fold back and go to work. It still has the rear pistol grip and you can leave it folded for hipfiring, but that's really just for action movies. Shouldering the weapon will give you much better results and eliminate that sting you feel. Remember, the lighter the weapon, the more felt recoil, which is why titanium frame handguns feel like an m80 going off in your palm.

The top folding stock is not the most comfortable for long range sessions, and I certainly wouldn't hunt with it, but for ease of concealment, it does the trick.

If space is not an issue, you can put a tactical collapsing stock on it (AR style) or like N8 said, a full stock with speed loaders is a nice setup too.

My theory is that I have 7 shots to get me to the gun safe (6+1). The dog can slow down the first few zombies until I akimbo the AK and the AR, then I can fend them off until at least wave 15 or so... Allowing my family to escape! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:15 am

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
I fully approve of any HK weapon. The FN weapons are excellent weapons also. I haven't shot one yet so I can't give true handeling comparisons. Top weapons are the HK, Sig, . Middle tier are Springfield, Beretta, Glock (some feel it is a top teir weapon), Ruger. Those are the 6 major brands you should explore.

Fishboy, I love Mossberg 500s but hate a pistol grip on them. It changes the angle you hold the weapon and can lead to wrist issues. Looks cool, but plays little in improving the weapon unless you are looking to conceal it behind your truck seat. I always preferred a full stock with speed loaders as it still allows you to butt stroke and give you more control. A tactical light addition is great for a home shotgun, but little more than that is needed. Not sure why people feel the need to have a bayonet lug on their shotgun? Its not like you are going to fix bayonets and charge. OH well. Glad you got a new toy also.

I'd put the Glock up there simply because it was the game-changer, secondarily because it will go bang almost every time. It also ushered in the era of pistols for grownups (no safeties, don't carry Mexican holster, keep your goddamn finger out of the trigger guard, etc.). Idiots also thought it could go through metal detectors because of "Die Hard 2." Feinstein in CA, I believe. Points for embarrsing the Brady assholes. However, I hate the trigger pull on it though, always have. Plus it's about as sexy as a brick.

Regarding the Sig and it's porkiness in a previous post, I've been using a Crossbreed supertuck for carrying my Ruger 1911 which weighs about as much as a Tesla Roadster, and it REALLY distributes the weight well. I've been considering selling or exchanging my XD subcompact because now I actually prefer carrying full-size. It feels great wearing my cargo shorts too (a good solid gun belt is a must however, otherwise you'll have saggy pants).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:15 am

Yea, right now I am just going to put the gull stock back on but will probably end up with a AR style stock at some point. I just had to try the pistol girp, but I think once is enough for me. My buddy (hunting buddy that is) that went to the range with me 6'6" 400#, would not even shoot it, and ask why I needed it, I said "for the zombies you big dumbie".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaking of guns....
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next