Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Speaking of guns....

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:15 am

Yea, right now I am just going to put the gull stock back on but will probably end up with a AR style stock at some point. I just had to try the pistol girp, but I think once is enough for me. My buddy (hunting buddy that is) that went to the range with me 6'6" 400#, would not even shoot it, and ask why I needed it, I said "for the zombies you big dumbie".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:17 am

xkillxfacex wrote:

Excuse my ignorance but what kind of 'tool' would I use to put up shelf in my kitchen. Would youd recommend a pistol or would a shot gun be more appropriate. And it's not the guns on their own that are scary it's the gun American combo that provokes the fear factor ;p

Allow me to clarify Killface. To put up a shelf you would use a screwdriver or a hammer. Weapons are a specific tool for a specific job. Food gathering, defense, offense, or marksmanship. That is about it, but it excells at those. By the tool reference I meant it is a tool; built, designed, and meant for use, not an expensive toy. You can't be afraid to get scratches on your tools or throw them in the mud. Well made tools are made to take a beating and still work with no problems, (like my grandpas Crafstman mechanics set I use.) Nothing irritates me more than the guy who spends $2000 on a fine weapon and optics and then is scared to take them out of the safe and freaks out when they get a scratch or the finish shows some wear. A high end tool will cost a lot, but will last a lifetime regardless of the amount of abuse and normal wear and tear put on them. If you have tools, use them. If you are going to sit on them and let them collect dust then sell them.

I don't think I conveyed that well enough for Walldog. When he buys a pistol he shouldn't be scared to get holser marks in the finish, or freak out the first time he drops a magazine. If he can't stand the thought of putting use and wear on a weapon at the price point he is looking at then he should get a cheapo to learn with. A throw away if you will, plus it will really, really make you appreciate fine gunsmithing craftsmanship after that. The only downside of starting with a cheapo is you upgrade quickly so you are out the money of the cheapo, and some are so poorly made that accuracy is a problem and can lead to immediate frustration. It is very difficult to get competent with a well made handgun, let alone a POS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:22 am

fucilli_jerry wrote:
Regarding the Sig and it's porkiness in a previous post, I've been using a Crossbreed supertuck for carrying my Ruger 1911 which weighs about as much as a Tesla Roadster, and it REALLY distributes the weight well. I've been considering selling or exchanging my XD subcompact because now I actually prefer carrying full-size. It feels great wearing my cargo shorts too (a good solid gun belt is a must however, otherwise you'll have saggy pants).

Agree about the trigger pull of the glock. I hate it. plus all my muscle memory is trained to use the external hammer and external safety of the HK45 so internal hammers, trigger safeties drive me nuts as I have to change my draw style. I too use a Crossbreed supertuck. Highly recommend that holster for anybody that wants to comfortably conceal carry IWB. (inside waistband)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:33 am

I really love your tool explanation Nate. Many people have asked why I don't get a new rifle. A well made tool will last many generations of regular use and abuse if properly maintained. My gold trigger is near 70 years old and I have no doubt it will work just as well for my grandchildren as it did for my grandfather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:37 am

I use a Galgo MOB (middle of back) for my Taurus 357 hammerless and G17...supremely well made and uber comfortable. I generally wear a sportcoat, so it works great for that.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Opplanet-galco-mob-middle-of-back-holster
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:42 am

I just placed an order for a crossbreed on friday, can't wait till it shows up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:46 am

Did you order the horsehide or cowhide? I like the horsehide as it is a tighter grained leather so it doesn't absorb sweat/odor nearly as easily as a traditional cowhide. The only downside is the grain is so tight it comes in a natural shade because it can't be dyed. Its a faux pax (sp?) to not have your holster match your shoes. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 10:55 am

I would've ordered a crossbreed but I sweat a lot, so I went with the Comp-Tac CTAC for my USPC which has a Kydex backing. I'm really liking it, but I think I need a better (stiffer) belt. Losing a few inches off the waist couldn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:19 am

I went with the horsehide for that reason. Also I have never matched a day in my life, except when someone else picks out my outfits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:51 am

LOCKEdnLOADed22 wrote:
I would've ordered a crossbreed but I sweat a lot, so I went with the Comp-Tac CTAC for my USPC which has a Kydex backing. I'm really liking it, but I think I need a better (stiffer) belt. Losing a few inches off the waist couldn't hurt either.

Good belts are critical. I've tossed all my dime store belts in favor of 5 stitch reinforced instructor belts or quality 1.5" leather belts (beltman.com for me). There are many other makers which should satisfy your needs.

A good belt makes ALL the difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:21 pm

Absolutely, the belt is as critical as the holster. Spend a little more and get a good quality 1.5" leather belt that is built to handle the weight of a gun. Spreads the weight of the pistol out properly, and there are many out there that look really nice that will work with business attire. I like the 5 stitch nylon instructor/riggers belts for keeping my pants up and everyday wear, but find they sag eventually with supporting a holster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 12:50 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
I just placed an order for a crossbreed on friday, can't wait till it shows up.
I freaking love it. Especially the smell when it's brand new. I even carry my 1911 in that when I go to the gym. I wear the gun belt around my waist with the 'Tuck holstered to it, then pull up my gym shorts over the belt and holster. Sweater or vest to cover the rest. It's not too bad. I wouldn't wear it all day like that, but it's good enough to wear to the gym (there've been a couple robbery attempts nearby, one in that exact parking lot). I take off the belt, holster, etc. in the lockkeroom bathroom stall, and put in my bag. Lock them up in the locker, then go work out (actually, all i do now is run. I gave up on weightlifting awhile ago. I just work on the heavy bag on off days instead.) No one's the wiser.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey N8 thanks for explanation of a tool, though did you list every function that tool was designed for? Or did you perhaps neglect to mention the specific job the tool was primarily designed for Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:08 pm

xkillxfacex wrote:
Hey N8 thanks for explanation of a tool, though did you list every function that tool was designed for? Or did you perhaps neglect to mention the specific job the tool was primarily designed for Very Happy

Guns kill people. So do bricks. So do cars. So you black belts using bare hands. So do french fries.

I went to HS in rural America (Iowa) and kids had gun in the gun racks in their trucks in the parking lot. No one really cared. Guns are not the penis replacements you see in movies. In many communities it is given the same classification as a set of wrenches or saw. Powertools can be dangerous. When we are taught to use the drill press and circular saw we were taught to use it safely. Same thing with guns.

Thanks for all the useful info on this hobby. It may be a while before I can get wife to agree with this. Maybe after she gets her chicken coop...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:20 pm

xkillxfacex wrote:

They were specifically designed to accelerate a projectile fast enough to penetrate the hide of an animal. I thought that was understood.

Arrows and spears were just too big of a hassle.

Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
xkillxfacex wrote:

Guns kill people. So do bricks. So do cars. So you black belts using bare hands. So do french fries.

I went to HS in rural America (Iowa) and kids had gun in the gun racks in their trucks in the parking lot. No one really cared. Guns are not the penis replacements you see in movies. In many communities it is given the same classification as a set of wrenches or saw. Powertools can be dangerous. When we are taught to use the drill press and circular saw we were taught to use it safely. Same thing with guns.

Thanks for all the useful info on this hobby. It may be a while before I can get wife to agree with this. Maybe after she gets her chicken coop...
Does the intent of the owner have any bearing? In line with what Wini mentioned, the knife set on my kitchen counter can be pretty deadly too, but its intended use (cutting food to eat) is not what it was originally designed for (cutting things to kill).

In my case, I've made it pretty clear that I'm looking into a hand gun for target/range use only and NOT for home defense. I have zero confidence in my ability to use a weapon under duress. Heck, I have a hard enough time in MW3, let alone in real life. That's why I do better with DMH. Zero aiming ability needed, just close proximity. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
xkillxfacex wrote:

Wrong!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:52 pm

Got's me my 4" xd .45 and I love it but the ammo is killin me! Lookin to get something that's more economical. I'm thinking of an xd 9mm but not sure if .40 would work better. Anyone got preference with 9mm over .40 and vice versa? My .45 will be my carry gun but the other will probably get more use.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:18 pm

9mm is far cheaper than .40. Hell anymore .40 cal is almost as much as the .45. If you are going to use it for training, shooting, keeping the skills sharp a 9mm works. 115 gr +p hollowpoints work quite well for defense, killing the stray hog, or destroying watermellons, but 9mm is much more affordable to shoot than the .40 I like the .40 for a personal defense round and find it is a good hybrid between the 9 and 45. I used to have one, but consolidated to .45 and 9mm just to keep logistics simple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:31 pm

walldoggy wrote:
No did not shoot my eye out. Actually found some nice throwing knives for you and tomahawks for Dave. Lol

AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:19 am

9mm is the way to go for all purpose. Cheapo PMC ammo at the range and you can shove some Hydroshoks in it for carry/home defense and still ruin someone's day.

I love when handgun snobs argue that 9mm is an ineffective round...tell that to Seal Team 6. I wonder if Bin Laden thought of that when a 9mm from a Seal MP5K was passing thru his cranium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:04 am

Bin Laden lol
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:25 am

For about $600, depending on the gun store, you can get an AR chambered in .22lr

This your best bet because when you want to plink the ammo is about $20 for a brick of 500 rounds. THEN for home defense you can buy an "upper" in a larger caliber, assemble in seconds, and BOOM- instant Robber Stopping Power
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:51 am

ImGoodIfYouSuck wrote:
For about $600, depending on the gun store, you can get an AR chambered in .22lr

This your best bet because when you want to plink the ammo is about $20 for a brick of 500 rounds. THEN for home defense you can buy an "upper" in a larger caliber, assemble in seconds, and BOOM- instant Robber Stopping Power

To clear there are 22LR's in AR bodies (M&P 15-22, etc). These cannot be upgraded with an upper for 5.56/.223 duty.

If one purchases an AR in 5.56/.223, they can then 1) buy a 22LR conversion kit (bolt and magazine) or 2) buy a dedicated 22LR upper and switch back and forth between the two calibers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:59 am

FBD wrote:

I love when handgun snobs argue that 9mm is an ineffective round...tell that to Seal Team 6. I wonder if Bin Laden thought of that when a 9mm from a Seal MP5K was passing thru his cranium.

<---carries a 9mm

9mm through a 3-4" barrel carries about 35% less energy than through an MP5K with a 6-
9" barrel. Then there's the whole semi-automatic versus fully automatic debate.

Any cartridge can be made more or less effective, depending on the carriage it's deployed from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaking of guns....
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next