Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Speaking of guns....

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage

Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Went and shot my father-in-law's Baby Eagle .45 yesterday along with my XD .45. The Baby Eagle is way heavier but they shoot pretty much the same. I hit the same grouping with both guns. Guess it's really down to technique than the gun as long as they're similar enough. I went from shooting 5 in groups with the .45's to playing with my mom's Walther P22 and it was funny that I was getting 10" groupings with the .22 Smile Oops! Guess I've just been shooting .45's for so long that the .22 threw me off bad! Talk about embarrassed!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:12 am

So I went to the range today and shot these:

Beretta 92fc Elite II
Glock G34
Sig P226
Sig P226 X5

and an H&K95 (MP5 clone)

The Beretta was a nice gun. I think I shot pretty well with it. I didn't like the Glock. I did well with the P226 too. The X5 is a competition version of the regular P226 that was super heavy. My shots were much better with it, but it's also like $2000, so not really practical. It was fun to shoot the HK95 with an RDS, best groupings at a longer distance, but obviously not what I'm looking for either.

In the end, the P226 definitely felt better in my hand. I think the slightly heftier weight also made my shots a bit better. I also like the trigger on it over the Beretta.

So now its about convincing the wife and seeing where that all goes. Wish me luck! lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:10 am

Mmmm... I want a P226 extreme, but I doubt the wife would allow me to have another handgun.

Here are some CA legal P226's on GB.com

9mm
.40sw
9mm

In CA the max capacity for a mag is 10, so if you don't mind spending more money on ammo, go with the .40. If you want to go cheaper, get the 9mm. Both rounds are capable, and if it were me, I'd go with 9mm even though your mag capacity will be the same. Less recoil and the ability to practice more are more benefit (to me) than poking a slightly bigger hole.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:22 pm

Thanks Locked. Any thoughts on buying used guns? I assume that's what is on gunbroker.com. It it ok to do so? I'm always worried about getting scammed on something like that (fake/cheaper interior parts, poor care and maintenance, etc.).

I can't access weapons websites from work, so I'll have to check it at home. I shot all 9mm yesterday and that's what I will get (one day... lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:50 pm

All of those that I listed are new guns, but there are used guns sold too. You can try to keep an eye out for a used Sig, but it may be hard because you need to get a CA approved version.

GB works a lot like Ebay. Do some research on the seller, read their reviews, and don't forget to see how much they charge for shipping. Some like to underprice something, only to get you on the shipping charges.

You'll also need to do some research on an FFL in your area. The FFL is required to do a background check before transferring the firearm over to you. I also think that CA requires a hold for a few days. Not quite sure how this works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Only buy used weapons in a face to face deal/gunshow/gunshop where you can phyically hold the weapon, disassemble it, and inspect it prior to handing money over. Online used is a very dangerous proposition. many places selling used weapons get them in on trade ins and the round count is generaly unknown and few retailers will take used weapons to the range to test fire them before reselling them. They may be selling what the think is a perfectly fine weapon that can have a mechanical defect/worn extractor/etc. etc. Caveat Emporator and all that. New weapons are not an issue to purchase online, and reputable dealers have a return policy for defective weapons, plus you have the factory warranty. Most warranties are sufficient for break in period and to determine if any issues have arrisen. Some high end weapons have lifetime warranties, but they are not transferable and terminate once the original owner sells the weapon.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:08 pm

As always, everyone's input is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:49 pm

So apparently, I'm not the only person in the market for a gun.

Gun Sales Booming

I like the last line:

Quote :
Says Parsons, summing up the reasons for record gun sales, "You got zombies, you got 'preppers, and you got Obama."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Yup, election year approaches. the costs of ammo and weapons will peak and already are on a sharp rise. The best time to buy is around mid way thru a presidency. People freak out that "the world will end", "they are going to outlaw guns", "They are going to tax ammo" and many other ridiculous things during an election year. Most vendors and ammo merchants lick their chops because people get nervous and want guns and ammo now, price be damned. Plus with the retards getting spooked by the 2012 Mayan end of the world apocalypse costs will continue to rise. Prices of guns and ammo really spiked with all the fear of Y2K 12 years ago. Don't expect to get any great deals on weapons at this point, but I can see the costs coming back down after the new year.

Walldog, if you are going to buy, now is the time unless you plan on waiting 9 more months. Demand is at an all time high right now. Hell, Ruger just stopped taking orders for guns until May. They currently have a backorder of over 1 million weapons and can't keep up. They are adding additional plants and tooling and are hiring like crazy so great news for the people of Prescott, AZ.

"Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE:RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:

'The Company's Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms. Despite the Company's continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.' "

Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 2cmkc110
Back to top Go down
AggroAce

AggroAce

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Russian SKS 45. It is a surplus rifle widely available in Canada. It was my first rifle and cheap. Tons of aftermarket parts and cheap surplus ammo (7.62 x 39). Very hardy rifle that can take abuse and everything you need to clean it in the field fits in the stocks buttplate. Find a Russian made one pre-1954 and it's good to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaking of guns....
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10