Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Speaking of guns....

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Was it a JC Higgins? That was the Sears brand name for all their outdoor gear until the 70s. I hunted with an old timer when I was a kid that used a beat up JC Higgins 30-06 and a cheap Tasco 3x scope. That old bugger must have killed 50+ deer with that rig. He just sat near the truck while the rest of us Young Guns stomped off into the hills. We'd come back at dark and he'd be sitting there smoking a pipe with a big ass buck laying there.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Well, prepare to cry FBD. I had a nice over under 20ga with 22 on top that was given to my as a kid. I learned on it and used it over the years. It was in good shape and worth a decent price I am sure. I made the mistake of loaning it to one of my now ex-friends when I was young and stupid. he had a pregnant wife and was having troubles with a local group of thugs. The fucker had it at his house, had friends over for a party and they all got wasted on drugs of some sort. They thought it would be cool to saw it off into a sawed off shotgun. Long story short I got it back after finding out, kicking him and his brothers ass. It was ruined beyond repair. I had to take an acyteline torch to it to destroy the breech because it was an illegal short barrelled shotgun and I couldn't get a replacement barrell for a gun that old. I have never loaned a weapon again.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:02 pm

I have a very limited experience with guns, but should I ever get to the point of buying one, I know exactly where to come for advice! lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:55 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
Well, prepare to cry FBD. I had a nice over under 20ga with 22 on top that was given to my as a kid. I learned on it and used it over the years. It was in good shape and worth a decent price I am sure. I made the mistake of loaning it to one of my now ex-friends when I was young and stupid. he had a pregnant wife and was having troubles with a local group of thugs. The fucker had it at his house, had friends over for a party and they all got wasted on drugs of some sort. They thought it would be cool to saw it off into a sawed off shotgun. Long story short I got it back after finding out, kicking him and his brothers ass. It was ruined beyond repair. I had to take an acyteline torch to it to destroy the breech because it was an illegal short barrelled shotgun and I couldn't get a replacement barrell for a gun that old. I have never loaned a weapon again.

Ugh...I just cried and threw up in my mouth a little. They sawed the thing off? unbelievable. Such a sad end to such a great firearm. They are really only popular in Western Europe...never took of here for some reason. I think it would be the perfect field gun for when you go out for pheasant/partridge and a fat rabbit or chuck is just out of range.

Another sad tale is that of the first rifle I used to kill a deer at the age of 12...a handsome Winchester 94 30/30 lever action. The gun was probably from the 40s, as best I can tell by the SN, (belonged to my grandfather) and it had all forged parts and the old cock and lock thumb safety, not the lawyer tang safety. My brother had it drilled and tapped for a scope. I'm still pissed at him.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Wow! Great info here! Yes, a shotgun sounds like the way to go. I am so used to my handguns though. My Naval issue 1911 Remington .45 that my grandfather passed down to me is never that far. Heh, thats also what i use to 'plink' around at the range with. I suppose its more of blasting at the range with that thing. Wife uses and is a pretty good shot with her little Raven Arms .25

I guess i wouldnt really be using a high cal. rifle for home defense. More of a 'want' than a 'need'. But i suppose if the zombie apocalipse happens it would be a 'need' Smile Or when the UFO's come down at the end of this year i will be ready. But all joking aside...

A bunch of guys at work have all sorts of rifles. Hunting is huge here in the Pacific Northwest, although i am not a hunter. I think i just get caught up in all their talk of their Bushmaster .308's and the like. They have hunting rifles, but also have other types too.

Looks like i will buy a decent 12 gauge, but i would also like to get a nice rifle too. Is it bad or wrong to want that? Or is it my tax paying red blooded American right? Hehe...

Yea, the rest of the world trips out on us, but oh well. For some reason the old quote from some old Japanese Admiral comes to mind..

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Wrong to want to buy guns? Hell no! It's your birthright as an American. I have dozens and still clamor for more. No logical reason needed. It's just like owning several watches. You only really need one to tell the time.

Buy as many as you can afford and securely store.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:33 pm

FBD wrote:
Wrong to want to buy guns? Hell no! It's your birthright as an American. I have dozens and still clamor for more. No logical reason needed. It's just like owning several watches. You only really need one to tell the time.

Buy as many as you can afford and securely store.

My thoughts exactly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:49 pm

This is a good thread. As a guy who doesn't own a gun, but is also possible interested in getting one for potential home defense, where/how do you store a shotgun for this purpose. Does it sit loaded in your bedroom closet? Do you keep it locked in a safe? Just curious where the line is between safe storage and quick access...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Comes down to speed of access versus safety with others in the house. High end expensive weapons stay in the vault. Pistol in the bedstand, carry weapon worn when not sleeping, and a loaded but not chambered shotgun behind the bedroom door. In a invasion scenario you will have insufficient time to access a large safe. With chilren present proper training is a necessity along with safety precautions. A break away zip tie in the action works well. Kids aren't strong enough to break it but I am. Most importantly that most families neglect is to rehearse, walkthrough what everyone should be doing in that scenario. Too many men assume they are safe and that they can handle it, but if the wife and kids have no idea of what they should do or where they should go that plan can go to shit in an instant. In my case the side knows to E & E with the kids while I cover. If evasion is not an option a final stand can occur with predetermined passwords. My wife knows to shoot through the bedroom door if I stay behind to cover and someone comes to the door and doesn't know the correct challenge/password combo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:35 am

I have all the guns locked up in the main safe safe except for my Mossberg 500 Persuader.

I keep it under the bed in this safe (V Line, $253 on Amazon):

Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 31ASpcbgX4L._SL500_AA300_

It is a 5 button combo lock that my wife can also access. It slides out from under the bed, and opens quickly. I keep the gun loaded, not racked. The safe was around $300 I think.

If I didn't have kids, I'd just keep it mounted on rubber coated bicycle hooks on the inside wall of a closet above the door. It's highly unlikely anyone would be looking there and you can access it in a second. And it will set you back around $3 for 2 of them.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Image_16686
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:09 pm

My wife and I have been itching to get some toys. I've shot several friends weapons, and have been around guns my whole life. I even worked for a defense company that makes the training systems for the military (i.e. laser tag) which allowed me to shoot some of the heavy weapons mounted on Abrams and Bradleys vehicles. It's time to get my own...

There is a gunshow this weekend and we're definately coming home with something to play with. She's pretty set on the Ruger LCP (0.380) with the "pretty scribing on it". *rolling eyes*

I wanted her to get a 9mm so that we could share ammo, but something like the LC9 may be too much for her in such a small package. She's shot a small 0.380 and a full size 9, and she prefers the 0.380.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 PAMCICHNMFNLNJKF

I'm torn between the FNP/FNX 9, and a Glock 19. I know Glocks are known for their reliability, cheap parts, yada yada, but they seem too mainstream (too "gangsta") which is why I'm leaning towards the FN. I tried it out last weekend, and it was pretty accurate, even rapid fired, and is a hell of a lot more sexier than the Glock IMO. I've read some good reviews as well.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 400px-FNP-Pistol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:22 pm

You can't go wrong with the FN line. For that price point check out the H&K P30 also. Sexy, sexy gun and reliable as hell. I own a Ruger LC9 for pocket carry. Love that little bitch. 9mm is not too bad at all recoil wise. I think it is better than the LCP just because it weighs a tiny bit more and is a little bit bigger making it easier to hold. have her try one out just to make sure. The long double action trigger pull is a godaweful 8 pounds or so which sucks. I need to rework the trigger on mine. regardless of the LCP or LC9 pick up a crimson trace laserguard for it. best made laser on the market and a necessitiy if you plan on hitting anything consistently with a sub compact. You should be able to get a LC9 for @350$. If you see it for $380 keep walking and look at other tables. $350 is my break point for buying that LC9. Crimson trace laser grips are better than the lazermax you can get with the ruger. you pay more, but they have a beter warranty, and hold zero much, much better. plan on @170 for the crimson trace. Good luck in finding the plinkers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:27 pm

LOCKEdnLOADed22 wrote:
My wife and I have been itching to get some toys. I've shot several friends weapons, and have been around guns my whole life. I even worked for a defense company that makes the training systems for the military (i.e. laser tag) which allowed me to shoot some of the heavy weapons mounted on Abrams and Bradleys vehicles. It's time to get my own...

There is a gunshow this weekend and we're definately coming home with something to play with. She's pretty set on the Ruger LCP (0.380) with the "pretty scribing on it". *rolling eyes*

I wanted her to get a 9mm so that we could share ammo, but something like the LC9 may be too much for her in such a small package. She's shot a small 0.380 and a full size 9, and she prefers the 0.380.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 PAMCICHNMFNLNJKF

I'm torn between the FNP/FNX 9, and a Glock 19. I know Glocks are known for their reliability, cheap parts, yada yada, but they seem too mainstream (too "gangsta") which is why I'm leaning towards the FN. I tried it out last weekend, and it was pretty accurate, even rapid fired, and is a hell of a lot more sexier than the Glock IMO. I've read some good reviews as well.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 400px-FNP-Pistol

The LCP is a handful to shoot. My bride had one and simply didn't like it's tendency to jump around in your hand while shooting. It's not that the .380 is such a hot cartridge, but that it's such a small (size and weight) gun, that there's little to tame the recoil. We sold ours.

My bride switched to a Springfield Armory XD 9mm subcompact, which we both carry. It does have an additional grip safety (a la 1911) over the Glock. The flush mag makes it 13+1 while the extended mag is 16+1. In either case, you should have enough rounds to de-ass most conceivable situations. Bonus to shooting the same gun/caliber is less spare parts, and you can share mags.

Kahr makes single stack 9mm that are all metal. I had a MK9 Elite which I really wanted to love, but after two trips back to the factory to correct failure to eject issues, I couldn't in good conscious trust my life to it. Many people report better reliability than I experienced.

I shot my dad FN 45 and liked it for a double stack 45. Personally, I have my eye on the new SA XDM 45 compact.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:28 pm

.380 is a great caliber for a female. They tend to be smaller frames to fit their hands. I'd also check out the Walther PPK in .380 or .32 caliber for her. Very nice handling gun. If Mrs. FBD ever shows an interest in carrying, she'll get a .380. Revolvers are poor choices for most women because they lack the hand strength to operate a double action. Hammerless models have very heavy trigger pulls, so they are also not great options. The .380/32 autos are light shooting yet pack sufficient punch to drop a perp with the right ammo.

In regards to Glock v. FN, you won't make a bad choice. I like the simplicity of a Glock for carrying and ease of use because there are no external hammers or tang safeties. The FN has the external hammer and thumb safety which some people like, others dislike. I have several of both types and for carrying, I go with simple. G17 full frame or a Taurus .357 bodyguard hammerless revolver if tight concealment is necessary. The less I have to think about in the moment the better.

You are considering the G19 compact, which is better for carrying, but if you have big hands like me, your pinky will not fit onto the grip...if you plan on becoming a range rat, the G17 may be more comfortable.

EDIT: I just read Anderson's advice on weight v kick for women's handguns and I would also advise on staying away from anything 'featherweight' or 'titanium'. Reducing weight increases backwards reactive force and felt recoil. One of the nastiest guns I've ever had the displeasure of shooting was a .357 Titanium snub nose. A .454 Casull was easier to handle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:38 pm

FBD wrote:
.380 is a great caliber for a female. They tend to be smaller frames to fit their hands. I'd also check out the Walther PPK in .380 or .32 caliber for her. Very nice handling gun. If Mrs. FBD ever shows an interest in carrying, she'll get a .380. Revolvers are poor choices for most women because they lack the hand strength to operate a double action. Hammerless models have very heavy trigger pulls, so they are also not great options. The .380/32 autos are light shooting yet pack sufficient punch to drop a perp with the right ammo.

I'll respectfully disagree here. My bride and many women that I shoot with did not like the trigger pull of the DAO autos like the LCP, and didn't shoot it consistently. Often what they found is that a slightly larger and heavier frame 9mm and up pistol was much easier to control. It seems counter intuitive, but getting hits is the real deciding factor here.

Mrs Mr A carried a Colt Detective Special (.38 SPL) and, for her, it was easier (and faster & more accurate) to shoot in single action than she ever shot the LCP. Add to the fact that a revolver is about as dead nuts reliable that you can get, and allows shooting through clothes without jamming, a revolver is high on the list for most females.

I won't get into an ammo debate, but only say that I've divested myself of .380 and don't advocate anything less than that. That said, a Jennings .25ACP in the pocket, if that's the only thing you got, beats a stick in a street fight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:45 pm

I suggested she look into the lady smith (38 spl) as revolvers have a simpler design and you never have to worry about it jamming, but prefers the slim LCP. She's thinking more about having it fit in her clutch when she goes out somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 12:55 pm

I agree with Anderson here, my wife has shot all my handguns, and out of them (the new 1911 I posted here), Glock 17, and Springfield XD subcompact .40, she shot the best groups with the .45 1911!

Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 2012-02-18_20-19-07_376

That V-Line safe posted above is sweet, that is EXACTLY what I'd want when I get a shorter barrel HD shottie.

Personally, I have a Barska biometric (also from Amazon) that I mounted to the floor under my bed. Has my prints and my wife's stored for easy opening. Only drawback is it emits a loud "BEEP" when it opens. It can hold all my pistolas with a little room to spare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Cocking the hammer of a double action was difficult to Mrs. FBD...I'm sure many women's hands are different in size, strength, dexterity. I'm coming from the perspective of a purse carry gun...more of a belly buster to protect herself from an advancing mugger or carjacker at a very close range. I always tell her to throw her cash in one direction and run screaming in the other. Hopefully they will take the path of least resistance. If money is not their motivation, she will have a plan B. I don't advocate her brandishing unless it's absolutely necessary...more of a point and shoot scenario. E&E all the way.

And I completely agree that revolvers are absolutely the best for reliability. That's why I carry the hammerless 357. Nothing to snag or jam.

She found the full frame guns too big for her small hands, and the 9mm had more snap then the .380. She is very petite though. 5'3", 120 lbs.

I've honestly considered getting her a taser instead for that reason.

@Jerry...nice piece! In regards to the shotty, you can go full length barrel, just get a folding stock. Fits perfectly in the V Line.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 KUkEB2WlKNg8e_6ODViM9UsJMsc5ThoiO_NWbS7fteCg4eLvgTQYw4iFKx7r8FijUGubWeow3R2G20yeM_EE9xaF-V5BzqHKXjxjstFSHygqOf-qLKafxgpUJzA9rH_3za45Nw6sVWWVFONbyJ_VkNg8CsQli_4DrDw1aR15uTlBTJAdKu3K712v_QGJzg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 pm

yeah that's target shooting what i was saying. she can't even rack the slide on it. For petite women I'd go with a .38 spcl revolver just because there are no slides to rack or safeties to mess with. It's only good for 10 feet or so, but that's all a woman will need to shoot from anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:11 pm

My dad has both the LCR and LCP, I like the LCR but for me the LCP was just way too small and uncomfortable, so I got the LC9. Love it and for me is no more noticable as to recoil than the LCP. I have chosen to shoot mostly 115gn with it and no hot rounds. My mom must be an odd ball as she still likes her S&W .38sp wheel gun.

I have also had the misfortune of shooting a .357 airweight or something like that. I like heavy guns as they are more comfortable to shoot, as long as you have a good quality belt and holster a few ounces are not that big a deal. Also if it is comfortable to shoot chances are you will take it out to the range and practice with it. Heck my uncle was a painter for years and he carried a full size .40 all the time and he was a bean pole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Tasers are fun! Nice non lethal to carry and depending on state laws can be much easier to carry. For a clutch/purse gun a compact works well. No need to go to a sub compact. Find something that works with her hands. I prefer exposed hammer, external safeties because that is how I was trained and I feel weird with a DAO and no hammer.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Just a quick question for someone ignorant of almost all guns and gun law. Are you all (and your wives it seems like) carrying concealed guns on a normal basis? Is this for your work? Do you need a permit or something for this? Or is it more of a "I have it and no one knows?"

I'm just curious how this all works for your guys since I didn't grow up with weapons of any kind (unless you count my Star Wars action figures') and have never had any access to any. And honestly, I find this whole topic fascinating!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Ok, time for me to chime in. I am going to get a handgun for recreational shooting and home protection. Looking at a Springfield XD chambered in 9mm (don't want to pay for .45 ammo). Thoughts on this?

As well, looking for a biometric safe to put bedside as I have two small children. Don't want to break the bank but what are some good options?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:51 pm

It varies from state to state. All advice on this forum is worth what you pay for it. You must have a concealed weapons permit to carry concealed in all states. Some states allow "open" carry without the need for a permit. Texas and Oregon are open carry. I can strap it to my hip and wander around everywhere except schools, government buildings. to get a concealed weapons permit you have to apply to the county sherriff. Some states are "shall issue" and other are "may issue" and a few like the fine Republic of Komifornia you live in, Illinois, New York will not issue unless you are Law enforcement. Shall issue means the state cannot deny you a permit unless you fail to qualify to have one ie, conviceted felon, mental health issues, previous domestic abuse. May issue stays have requirements also, but the county sherriff has discretion on issuing or not so don't piss him off.

My wife never carries, thinks I am paranoid. I always carry concealed and feel much better having a little back up if things get shitty. Some states have reciprocity for concealed carry. OR only lets you carry in oregon and Washington. Having a Utah concealed permit lets you carry in 29 states. You do not have to be a resident of utah since utah is a "shall issue" state which is nice. I didn't bother with a Utah permit because I am still a registered Federal Officer which gives me carte blanche to carry in all 50 states and even onto airplanes. I don't bother with that though becuase the fucktards are TSA are not worth the hassel. I just check the weapon and put it and my holster back on after collecting my luggage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:54 pm

In TX it's legal to have guns in your home and car/truck/rv with no limit on magazine capacity with no license. In CA, the max mag capacity is 10, and you cannot have one in your car. You also have to register all handguns. Long guns and shotguns don't need to be registered.

In order to carry a handgun on you, you need a license. CA is very strict about who can carry, unlike TX. The only people that usually are allowed to carry are people whose jobs would put them in danger, or people who have open restraining orders on other violent people.

I don't plan on carrying. It's more for home defense and taking to the range. If I go out someplace that is unfamiliar, then I may carry. I also plan on taking it with me when I go camping.

Chris, the XD is a good gun, and 9mm is more than enough to stop someone IMO. Where your shots hit is more important than the size of the bullet. Plus, as you've said, the ammo is cheaper if you plan on taking it to the range.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:55 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
Texas and Oregon are open carry.

You'd think of all places that TX would be, but it's not anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaking of guns....
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next