Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Speaking of guns....

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:55 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
Texas and Oregon are open carry.

You'd think of all places that TX would be, but it's not anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:56 pm

SoonerChris wrote:
Ok, time for me to chime in. I am going to get a handgun for recreational shooting and home protection. Looking at a Springfield XD chambered in 9mm (don't want to pay for .45 ammo). Thoughts on this?

As well, looking for a biometric safe to put bedside as I have two small children. Don't want to break the bank but what are some good options?

XD 9mm is a good entry level starter gun. Decent carry weapon with the right loads. price is right. many, many people sell their XD's after having them for a bit becuase they want to move up to the next level. You can't go wrong getting one of these. Keep an eye out for lightly used ones. It will cost you less and you will eventually sell it for something that fits the hand, points a little better with a smoother trigger. 9mm is a great starting caliber. Hell of a lot cheaper to shoot than .45 and easier to learn without the immense fireball, recoil. biometric safes are nice to have. make sure you get one with the ability to open with a key or manual combo also. all it takes is for the batteries to die or the elctronics to fail and you can't get to your weapons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:57 pm

LOCKEdnLOADed22 wrote:
BigDaddyN8 wrote:

when did texas stop being open carry? See, don't take legal advice from the interwebs. Thats why I warned it was worth what you were paying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:59 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
SoonerChris wrote:
Ok, time for me to chime in. I am going to get a handgun for recreational shooting and home protection. Looking at a Springfield XD chambered in 9mm (don't want to pay for .45 ammo). Thoughts on this?

As well, looking for a biometric safe to put bedside as I have two small children. Don't want to break the bank but what are some good options?

XD 9mm is a good entry level starter gun. Decent carry weapon with the right loads. price is right. many, many people sell their XD's after having them for a bit becuase they want to move up to the next level. You can't go wrong getting one of these. Keep an eye out for lightly used ones. It will cost you less and you will eventually sell it for something that fits the hand, points a little better with a smoother trigger. 9mm is a great starting caliber. Hell of a lot cheaper to shoot than .45 and easier to learn without the immense fireball, recoil. biometric safes are nice to have. make sure you get one with the ability to open with a key or manual combo also. all it takes is for the batteries to die or the elctronics to fail and you can't get to your weapons.

Thanks N8. Any suggestions on where to find lightly used? Best price I found on new as $405 + shipping on gunbroker.com.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:04 pm

large gun shops and pawn shops. You have to know what you are looking for to make sure its not beat to shit or worn out, expecially pawn shops. Plus they have a bad habit of markign up a used gun to new prices. Gun forums are a great place to sell. If you are buying a weapon check on the local laws for person to person sales. It cannot be across state lines without involving a FFL (federal fireams license) broker. In the state face to face depends. In OR it is legal to do face to face without background checks. Some states require them. Check it out. Buying from a gun shop is your best bet. They will charge the background check fee, but its legit. They usually have good used selections if they are large enough. Never, Never pay asking price on a used weapon! They get them in on trade in just like cars and mark it up because hey, theres a sucker born every minute. Sometimes the price point difference on the XD's are so little you are best off getting in on the current offers of extra mags/holsters, add on goodies that Sprinfield puts out there for new purchases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:08 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
LOCKEdnLOADed22 wrote:
BigDaddyN8 wrote:

when did texas stop being open carry? See, don't take legal advice from the interwebs. Thats why I warned it was worth what you were paying.

I believe it's legal in Vermont and New Hampshire. Although you can open carry in New Hampshire, you must have a license to carry in a vehicle (makes no sense).

Many people get their CCW from here in Florida, and the reciprocity carries over into many states. Example..I can drive from here in FL to Michigan with no problem.

It's accepted in so many states because they have a full background check with the FBI through the Sheriffs office, photograph you, fingerprint you, and an anal cavity search is most definite. Enjoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:10 pm

The cost of shipping, insurance, and the FFL transfer fee usually negate the savings on gunbroker for entry to mid level weapons. why save 40$ only to pay that much on shipping and transfer fees? If you are buying expensive pistols, rifles it is worth it. I picked up a Lar-8 with MSRP of 1800$ for 1300$ from buds gun shop. The $500 bucks minus $25 transfer fee and $35 shipping fee with insurance went a long way to buying ammo and other goodies. You should easily be able to find a Springield XD 9mm new with two mags for under $450.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:11 pm

what Nate said Smile I have a VA permit which is good in quite a few states via reciprocity, and many others via "mutual recognition (which is informal reciprocity, more or less)." I grew up around guns, my dad is a Vietnam vet and retired NJ State trooper. I was taught firearm safety since I was 14 and was myself a trooper candidate accepted into the academy until I had a pulmonary embolism when I was 27, put on blood thinners for the rest of my life, and had to give up my just-beginning LEO career.

Nowadays I carry when I know I'm going to certain places or areas. Virginia is weird in that crime and shitty neighborhoods are spread ALL OVER the place and not just "the bad part of town," except maybe Great Falls and Langley where agency higher ups live. Just a couple years ago, a retired former Green Beret and his wife were robbed and assaulted by a trio of scumbags with gang affiliations. They were walking a well-traveled area in a very wealthy neighboring town. He was murdered, she was beaten into a pulp, raped with a pipe and knife, and left for dead. The scumbags were caught and I think all are on death row now. But that's when I decided I was going to carry most, if not all of the time, when I was out and about. Northern Virginia will have section 8 housing next to a home that's worth $1 million, just take a look at Old Town Alexandria. It's fucking crazy.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Kagan wrote:
BigDaddyN8 wrote:
LOCKEdnLOADed22 wrote:
BigDaddyN8 wrote:

I believe it's legal in Vermont and New Hampshire. Although you can open carry in New Hampshire, you must have a license to carry in a vehicle (makes no sense).

Many people get their CCW from here in Florida, and the reciprocity carries over into many states. Example..I can drive from here in FL to Michigan with no problem.

It's accepted in so many states because they have a full background check with the FBI through the Sheriffs office, photograph you, fingerprint you, and an anal cavity search is most definite. Enjoy.
Anal cavity search nice! Sign me up!

Thanks all for the info. Very informative and, like I said, interesting. I figured Cali would be quite strict and it seems like it is. I've thought now and again about getting a handgun to shoot at a range (mostly after watching Top Shot! lol) and you all will be first in line for my questions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Kagan wrote:
BigDaddyN8 wrote:
LOCKEdnLOADed22 wrote:
BigDaddyN8 wrote:

I think open carry is stupid anyways. Why would you want that attention from strangers? It'd be like having a bright yellow t-shirt that says "shoot me before you hold up this place, I've got a gun". Honestly, if I was carrying I'd choose to slip out the back door over confronting someone with a gun. I shot a bird once and felt like $hit afterwards. Can't imagine what taking a human life would be like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:54 pm

I agree. The best defense is to blend in, be inconspicuous, and never advertise you are armed unless it is a defensive posture necessary to defuse a situation. I don't want randoms to know I am armed if at all possible unless it becomes necessary.

A defensive posture doesn't require you pull a weapon and go all Grandma's got a gun on someone. Just a alpha male head up posture with situational awareness will deter most . I had a group of three dipshits try that shit on me outside of my dental office as I went to the car. I saw them by the streetlight and they started toward me and were spreading out. Bad signs right there. Gut said UH-OH. Always listen to your gut. They were punk kids probably 17-18 years old. Not sure if they were thinking rolling a dentist would be easy of if they were just bored and looking for someone to harrass and fuck with. Stopped, dropped my lunch pail, looked right at the middle one, and all I had to do was sweep my jacket back to indicate I was clearing for a possible draw. Didn't draw or expose the weapon, didn't say a word, but body language said push this and you will die. They immediately turned away and walked away. Like I said, not sure if they had malicious intentions or were just being stupid kids, but the defensive posture put an end to that bullshit real fast. Have't seen them outside the office since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 pm

LOCKEdnLOADed22 wrote:
Kagan wrote:
BigDaddyN8 wrote:
LOCKEdnLOADed22 wrote:
BigDaddyN8 wrote:

I think open carry is stupid anyways. Why would you want that attention from strangers? It'd be like having a bright yellow t-shirt that says "shoot me before you hold up this place, I've got a gun". Honestly, if I was carrying I'd choose to slip out the back door over confronting someone with a gun. I shot a bird once and felt like $hit afterwards. Can't imagine what taking a human life would be like.

No way. After playing violent video games for so long I'm desensitized and commit multiple shootings per week. For instance, last week some waiter dropped my pizza on my lap, so I jumped and spun around in a 360 while headshotting him. [disclaimer: this entire post is a total bullshit lie. Fucill_Jerry does not endorse nor practice this behavior. Anyone offended by this can dip his old-man balls in a fresh pot of McDonald's coffee.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:08 pm

There's too much pissing about 9mm vs. .40 v. .45ACP...etc. You hit anyone not wearing body armor in the torso or even limb with any of the above, they are going to seriously reconsider their intentions. 9mm is plenty. PMC FMJs for the range and Hydra Shoks for personal defense.

I never open carry...people look at you like you're crazy. I only carry concealed when I'm in the hood looking at props. I always keep a piece in my car though. I actually have a police issue 6 D-Cell Mag Lite in the car that is a great attitude adjuster when lethal force is not quite necessary.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQetffyQ6gRKJtmINH2aRhRrnJIxLxuURuJp0auj3iIzzkcUIadb3HrRbkB8A

PA is pretty easy to get a concealed permit. NJ has some stupid ass gun laws...you can buy an assault rifle, but it has to be single stack only, 10 round max. And you can't carry ammo or loaded mags in a case with the gun. Have to be separate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:12 pm

haha...i also have a maglite in my car within reach, as well as a pair of hefty SAP gloves. I've worked my body opponent bag wearing them, and it's amazing. If I got a clean straight right on somebody wearing those gloves, they'd be out before they hit the ground.

Problem is it's been so freaking warm you can't wear gloves unless you want to look like an idiot, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:16 pm

I can clear the 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 debate right up. It all boils down to: Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement. If you can't hit what you aim with it doesn't matter if you're shooting a 22 or a 25lb artillery gun. A person shooting a .380 that hits his/her target wins against the person shooting a Desert Eagle .50 cal that can't hit shit.

Assault gloves are awesome to have. You look like a mall ninja retard wearing them at the range or in public, but in combat they are a necessity. I had a very nice set of kevlar reinforced gloves with 6 oz powdered lead in the knuckles. Conformed to the hands, kept from breaking knuckles, and gave a wonderful extra little pop to a punch. With the kevlar they were cut proof so I could scramble around in a house on my hands and knees with blown out windows and not have to cut my hands to bloody stumps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:18 pm

The 6 D cell Mag light is a wonderfully effective, legal in all states deterrent. there is a reason Law enforcement officers like them. the downside is wearing them. heavy and bulky on the belt. In that case most of the officers I know prefer collapsable batons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
Stopped, dropped my lunch pail, looked right at the middle one, and all I had to do was sweep my jacket back to indicate I was clearing for a possible draw. Didn't draw or expose the weapon, didn't say a word, but body language said push this and you will die.

The lunch pail part makes me chuckle a bit...I like that one.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:21 pm

yes, I still pack a lunch to work. Cheaper and better for the waistline. If I eat too much take out I blow up and get soft and fat quickly. Gotta stay sexy. never know when I will win $10 for placing second in a beauty contest. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:22 pm

those kevlar gloves are badass, like a Roman cestus. but mine look like normal civilian leather gloves. They just have steel shot sewn in, but no plates or anything over the top. You can't tell they're SAPs unless you're holding them or looking at them from a few inches away.

http://www.amazon.com/Faux-Leather-Sap-Gloves/dp/B001786M56

I got them from a different vendor, but here they are
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
yes, I still pack a lunch to work. Cheaper and better for the waistline. If I eat too much take out I blow up and get soft and fat quickly. Gotta stay sexy. never know when I will win $10 for placing second in a beauty contest. Very Happy

LOL, me too. Also, if I eat a big lunch at work, I have to take a donkey-kong sized shit about an hour later. No thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:25 pm

I've been meaning to pick one of these up for the car: good ol' fashioned slapjack

Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 10849433_1

For more serious attitude adjustment!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Just a reminder to be careful about crossing state lines with firearm since the laws can be drastically different.

Here in the "Live Free of Die" State of New Hampshire we can open carry and is a shall issue for concealed which you need to carry a loaded handgun in your car (otherwise it needs to be unloaded and in your trunk), but you do not need to a license to carry unloaded rifles and shotguns in your car, as long as they are visible.

Now if I drive 30 minutes south to the Communist Republic of Massachusetts I would be looking at a felony for having a loaded or unloaded weapon in my car. In the small states of New England it is easy to find yourself running errands and forgetting about the 9mm in your glove box and then slipping over a border. A good reason to keep you registration and insurance card in your center console Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:37 am

Holy shit! Looks like i started a big thread here with just (what i thought) a simple question. This is great. Love some of the stuff i am reading in here.

Ok, so i have been looking around the interwebz and i am not sure about the prices i have been seeing or hearing from people. Seems like everyone thinks guns cost a lot more than they realize. Meaning, that i have been finding them for way cheaper. Or i am seeing them on really fucked up scam websites.

Example: http://www.ar15pro.com/item/443641_Bushmaster_Rifles_Shotguns_BUSHMASTER_C15_223_16_RED_DOT_30RD.aspx?w=DX1N1wdiz3w%3d

Here is a gun i have heard should cost 1500 bucks. Is this site a scam or a rip off? Or what? Lots of cheap guns on that site. Handguns as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:42 am

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
dropped my lunch pail,

Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Princess+lunch+pail

I have nothing further to add.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:50 am

You want to know what is crazy is when I go to VA and see people open carry with the slide back and magazine well empty, I guess its in their pocket or something. I am never sure about those guys, I think they would be better off with the Maglight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:51 am

X-Runner wrote:
Holy shit! Looks like i started a big thread here with just (what i thought) a simple question. This is great. Love some of the stuff i am reading in here.

Ok, so i have been looking around the interwebz and i am not sure about the prices i have been seeing or hearing from people. Seems like everyone thinks guns cost a lot more than they realize. Meaning, that i have been finding them for way cheaper. Or i am seeing them on really fucked up scam websites.

Example: http://www.ar15pro.com/item/443641_Bushmaster_Rifles_Shotguns_BUSHMASTER_C15_223_16_RED_DOT_30RD.aspx?w=DX1N1wdiz3w%3d

Here is a gun i have heard should cost 1500 bucks. Is this site a scam or a rip off? Or what? Lots of cheap guns on that site. Handguns as well.

That's a very good price for a bushmaster, however you'll notice it's out of stock. This is quite common on the interwebs...you'll see very cheap guns listed, but not available. This is for the flat top it appears, in which case you'll need flip ups, carry handle or optics, adding several hundred. I bought a S&W M&P ar15 flat top at Cabela's for $889. Very nice AR for the dough.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 DisplayPic

I also saw this on the site, which is a great deal, also out of stock:

Mossberg 500 persuader 6-shot- $329 with pistol grip and heat shield. THE best choice for under the bed home defense. I'd go folding or collapsible stock personally, but this will do the trick in CQB.

Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 DisplayPic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking of guns....   Speaking of guns.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaking of guns....
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next